CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

(A/N part 1 : This chapter is dedicated to iHeartUwthAllmyheart because she's amazing as she's reading my book. Also, she writes beautiful poems. Do check out her work! Enjoy.)

~~~Ashley's P.O.V.~~~

Raymond bolted inside the room with a bunch of flowers in his hands and stopped in his tracks when he saw me standing in front of the mirror as I applied some gloss to my lips.

"What?" I looked at the shocked reflection of him in the mirror trying my best to keep my heart beat regular.

"You look gorgeous," he cleared his throat and said.

"Thanks," I smiled at him wondering what was so gorgeous about the way I looked today.

I was wearing light green pants under a turmeric coloured sleeveless crop top that showed my belly and boot wedges to pair them with. Casual.

I glanced at Raymond. He was dressed sexy as usual. Wearing a full sleeved V-neck white tee shirt and black chinos that hugged his perfect torso perfectly. 

Is that even legal to have such a perfect fit?

"Are you ready?" He asked me, bringing me out of my fan girl mode.

"Yeah. I'll just grab my jacket," I rummaged through the bag looking for my leather jacket.

"This one?" He waved a jacket -- the one I was looking for -- at my face.

"Where did you find it?"

"From your bag, obviously. Actually I took it out so that you wouldn't forget to wear it since we will be out till late." He scratched the back of his neck and handed me the jacket whilst I focused on the thousands of butterflies in my stomach as they fluttered their wings out of joy and I couldn't help but smile.

"Thanks again."

We headed out the door after seeing off Aunt Clair and Zach. It all felt so formal. Raymond told me we were taking Zach's beetle for which he had to literally beg since it was Zach's -- he said and I quote -- "baby".

As he drove down the street, I asked him, "Ray? Where are we going?"

"I'd tell you but I'd have to kill you then," he said giving me a cheesy smile.

"Sheesh!" I made a face at him. "That is such a shitty line."

He laughed. 

And it was music to my ears.

"Snow, it's a surprise!"

I rolled my eyes at him and looked out of the window.

He kept driving for around an hour and we talked about everything while I had absolutely no idea where we were headed ans I grew restless and curious by the minute.

So I finally asked him, "How long Ray?" I pouted.

"Just a bit." He pinched my cheek and winked at me sending chills down my spine at the contact.

After what felt like eternity, he slowed the car down and parked in an alley. He got out of the car and opened the door for me, offering me a hand.

I took it and got down. He smiled his best smile and I gave him mine.

"We'll have to take a walk to reach the place."

I nodded lightly. He held my hand and lead the way. It was a very unusually narrow passageway so that only two persons could walk together at a time. Well, I liked it already.