CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I shut my diary and kept it aside when Raymond entered with two mugs of hot chocolate. He gave me a warm smile as he placed one mug on my desk and went to sit on the bed.

He told me earlier that everybody left for the movie and he stayed because he didn't feel like leaving me alone. So here he was, taking complete care of me.

"Snow? Please tell me what's wrong."

I looked into his eyes. He cared for me. He wanted to know. But I couldn't tell him. No matter how much I trusted him, I just couldn't do it.

"No." I breathed out.

I could see hurt clear in his eyes.

"Whenever I feel I have come one step closer to you, you step back!" He said running a hand through his hair.

"Ray I can't tell you."

"Snow I know you feel emotionally weak right now. But I'm here with you. I'm here to support you. I've got your back. For once, trust me."

"I trust you."

"Then why don't you open up? What's stopping you?"

His hands were flying everywhere. He did this when he was frustrated.

I was frustrating him.

"I don't know. I just, .. , I just can't.. "

He groaned and kicked the pillow lying on the floor.

"Fine. I'm leaving." He got up after saying that.

No. I couldn't let him go.

No.

I panicked.

I held his hand and pleaded, "Ray please don't go. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.."

His other hand caressed my cheek as he gazed at me. I felt so helpless. A tear rolled down my cheek and he wiped it.

"Snow.." He sat down on his knees in front of me.

"You can talk to me. I won't judge you." He said.

I exhaled loudly before saying, "It is a thing from my past Ray. Something that happened two years back. Something I'm not yet comfortable sharing with anyone. I'm sorry, it's just how I am." I gulped.

He made circles where his hands touched my cheeks. He looked at me like I was the most delicate thing he ever laid his hands on. Making sure to not hurt me.

"You're my best friend Snow."

With that he stood up and left.

Best friend.

Best friend.

Best.

Friend.

The words kept running in my mind. Those two words shattered me. Completely. 

(A/N : *sneaks behind a pillow* I am so sorry if you find this chapter way too short. But it had to be. Awesome parts ahead. Enjoy! :D)