CHAPTER FIVE

I still had two lectures to attend at school and there was no one at home so I went back to school instead.

I was in the library when my phone started vibrating.

"Hey Stace!"

"Ashie! Where are you? Are you all right? I called Raymond and he said something came up so he wouldn't join us but you must be on your way! But you aren't here too!" My energetic best friend kept on talking.

"Stace! Stace! Relax! I'm at school and I have to attend my classes so I won't be joining you guys too." I sighed thinking of the reason I was here and not with them.

"Are you going to change your mind if I force you? Because if not, then I won't try!" she said sounding so much like herself.

I laughed and replied, "I am not changing my mind."

"Okay then!"

"Have fun Stace! Bye."

I disconnected the call and went back to doing my work.

After I attended my Arts lectures, I went to the car park and saw something I shouldn't have seen. The redhead – Abigail – was intensely making out with someone. I tried recognising the guy's face but I hadn't seen him around so I couldn't make it.

Some part of me was relieved it wasn't Raymond.

Which that part was and why it felt that way, I didn't know.

I headed home making a mental note of calling Raymond once I was free.

After reaching home, I went upstairs and changed into my pj shorts and a white tee shirt. I pulled out my phone to put in for charging when I saw I had a text from Stacey.

Stacey: Hey Ashie. I won't be back till evening. We plan on having lunch first and then maybe watch a movie. Bye.

I checked the time. She sent it about an hour back. Being me I quickly sent my already drafted short and sweet reply.

Me: Okay.

I had a Facebook message too. Now I didn't need to guess who this was from.

Raymond: Hey!

My stomach growled and I remembered I was hungry. I plugged my phone to charge and went downstairs.

"Sarah!" I called out in the living area.

"Henry?" No answer.

I knew Mark was out of town so there was no point in calling out his name.

I decided to help myself out and went to the kitchen.

And froze.

The refrigerator door was open.

And there stood a guy with his back to me.

Shirtless.

In his boxers.

And I was.

Drooling?

I snapped out of my staring-at-the-hot-shirtless-guy session and approached him trying my best not to make any sound.

I stood right behind him and this guy still didn't notice my presence.

And I froze. Again.

I stopped breathing and started staring at his back.

Note : I have a thing for guy's bare backs.