Chapter 6

The brown-haired boy felt weightless; everything in his mind was gone, all worries and knowledge sitting away in the confines of his subconscious. Dipper — his name was Dipper — tried to remember what he was doing and where he was going but all meaning was lost to the unfamiliarity around him. He found himself grasping at the vagueness and strange aura of his history but everything that happened in the past was out of reach. There was only the present. But . . . what am I trying to do?

Bill watched the kid fall asleep and he asked himself the question: nightmare or dream? Bill felt he should lay back on the nightmares for now. Dipper was so happy compared to how he usually was. He noticed the kid trusting him more; it was good that he did, for Bill didn't want to force him to do things by using fear. He snapped his fingers, deciding to be nice for once; it was just a normal dream about Dipper using magic more. The demon snapped his fingers one last time, changing his appearance since it was the dreamscape. He chose to look like a human. Then he walked straight into the dream to teach Dipper some magic. Certainly not dream control, though. He didn't want the kid to have that kind of power yet . . .

Dipper suddenly remembered that he was supposed to be gathering ingredients to create Bill's body and blinked, alarm coursing through him when he realized that he was nowhere near the Shack. Oh no! I think I'm lost! What if I can't get back? What if someone else finds the ingredients before I'm back? This isn't good . . . Bill will be so mad. He'll —the train of thought stopped completely when he spotted a human walking towards him, knowing immediately that that was Bill. Oh, did I already make his body? Is he human now? Wow, I'm dumb.

Mentally slapping himself in the face, the brunet walked up to meet him, convinced that his task had already been completed. "Hey, Bill," Dipper greeted with a friendly smile and a wave. "How are you liking your new body?"

"It's nice, thank you." Bill gave him a smile, playing along with the dream he had set up for fun. It would be entertaining, but in a different way. He had created his human form to look like he always wanted: blonde hair, golden eyes, an eye patch over one eye, and of course his top hat and bow tie. He wore a yellow suit with black pants and boots. A cane floated next to his side.

Dipper thought he looked very nice. The appearance of Bill's body was just as glamorous as he'd expect, if not more. If he was a girl, the twelve year-old would probably be all over the former dream demon's look, down to the handsomeness of his visage and the beautiful yet masculine curves that were complemented by his wardrobe. But he wasn't, and so the thought never occurred to him other than the fact that the formal wear was satisfyingly tidy and Bill's face free of bloody scars.

"You're welcome," he responded politely, grinning. "I see that you've been taking care of yourself while I was wandering around. Where'd you find clothes like that? And I thought you would have broken your nose or something by now." Dipper laughed at that, happy and feeling rather accomplished of himself.

"They didn't have exactly what I wanted at the clothing store, so I made them!" Bill grinned, his arms opened wide to show off his outfit better. "And pain in this body is a bit different than a normal possession . . . so it's still fun, but not great amounts of it."

"Well, at least killing yourself isn't part of your plan for entertainment," Dipper commented, calmly looking over Bill's handiwork. "Huh. You never lose your sense of style, do you? Are you some kind of secretly amazing fashion designer or was this magically created? That would be cool if it was."

"Magically, of course. I can't sew, but I'm sure your sister could teach me!" Bill said cheerfully. "Which reminds me, you need more training in magic, don't you?"

"I'm not sure I need it now that you've got your body but I'd love to learn. You'd really help me even though it won't benefit you?" the tween asked, eyes widening in hope. I want to know all about magic. I want to do something great with what I uncover. Would Bill actually help me reach my goals? He felt his light smile widen. He can't be that bad, then. If he'll do that for me then maybe there's less evil in his heart than I'd thought. And . . . Dipper blinked up merrily at the blonde's suit. I'm excited.