Chapter 33

Bill floated them gently down to the ground, black dress shoes feeling the familiar pressure of the solid brick floor. "That was fun!" A giddy giggle escaped his lips as he held his prince. "What next?"

"An-anything you want, Bill . . ." Pine Tree sighed, resting his head dreamily upon the blond's chest, arms wrapping him in a hug. "I'll . . . do whatever you want. I love you and everything and . . . it's great." He felt his eyelids droop, smile growing as he pressed his cheek warmly against Bill.

"Let's get you to bed, Pine Tree." Bill picked him up, teleporting to the master bedroom. The demon gently set the boy down on the mattress, resting his head on the pillows, putting the crown on the bedside table. Not long after, Bill's shoes and coat disappeared and he laid next to Pine Tree.

The other demons must have quieted or left, the music that had pounded the walls falling silent. Pine Tree immediately sunk into the comfortable bed, the thought of cleaning up briefly crossing his mind. He summoned his backpack that had been in the throne room, letting it appear and lean against the wall. But Bill . . . he loved Bill. A shower of emotion passed through him and the tween rolled onto his side, curling closer to the beautiful male. "You're a good dancer, too," he whispered, the darkening colored light from the windows filtering over the golden sheets. They were really nice. And so was Bill. "Thank you for teaching me. We really showed them . . . you're so amazing."

The smile never left Bill's face. He wasn't tired yet; the endless supply of energy that Weirdmageddon brought to him was to thank for that. "Pine Tree, do you want me to meet you in your dreams?" he asked softly. If need be, he could leave his body in reality and return to the mindscape. It wouldn't be hard at all. Bill's hand slowly moved toward Dipper's hair, brushing it out of the way of his eyes.

"Yes," he responded immediately, breath catching in his throat, turning into a yawn. "I . . . I mean, if you want to. I know you've probably got . . . loads to . . . to do. You're going to be the king of the universe . . ."

Bill chuckled. "Nah. I have servants to do things for me." The demon kissed Pine Tree's forehead. "And I'd rather be with you. Sweet nightmares, my prince."

The brunet's eyes fluttered closed, another yawn relaxing him. His smile was sleepy, fulfilling. As long as Bill was with him, he knew he wouldn't have any nightmares. Not anymore. Probably never again. He felt his mind drift away. Goodnight, my king.

"Night." Bill watched his lover fall asleep, still playing with his silky brown hair. Why was he still with this kid? Wasn't his use for Pine Tree over? The more he thought about it, he realized that it would never be over, even from a logical, demonic standpoint. He won Weirdmageddon, but if Dipper suddenly disliked Bill and disagreed with what he was doing, the demon would lose. To sustain his apocalyptic goals, he had to keep Pine Tree at his side.

Bill shook his head, not wanting to think about that anymore. He had a dream to visit. The blond left his body curled next to Pine Tree, thankful it didn't turn to stone, and entered the mindscape. It feels good to be back!

Pine Tree was still floating about a string of randomness, the eventful day taking its toll on the boy. Kisses and flying and powers and destruction and explosions and dancing . . . His chest clenched, landing him on the porch of the Mystery Shack, warped in a way to fit the Fearamid. It was his home . . . but it wasn't. Dipper took a step back. Pine Tree took three forward, climbing the steps and pressing a hand against the door. It was textureless. "Bill . . . Are you there?" he called, not too loudly. His heart thumped. Happiness and terror and love and dread . . . "Hello?"

"I'm here," the familiar voice answered, behind him instead of the door. "I'm here, Pine Tree. I would never leave you." Bill gave a smile as the twelve year-old turned around, spreading his arms open for a hug.