Chapter 43

The second the dream ended and Pine Tree found himself wrapped warmly in Bill's arms, he offered a good morning kiss, excitement mingling with drowsiness. He was honestly still pumped up from their brief mental adventure, where he had reveled in the lightheartedness and intrigue. The blond was never boring. And he was doing an amazing job staying that way. Every night and day were such pleasant surprises. "Man, I love you," the brunet stated, beaming already. His tiredness melted away like nothing.

Bill blushed and happily hummed, sleepiness slowly disappearing as he cuddled with his loving partner. "I love you too, Pine Tree." He placed another gentle kiss on his lips.

He melted into that, too. There was something special about those soft, tender kisses. The boy glowed with affection afterwards, leaning closer. "Do you know what we're doing today?"

"Whatever you feel like doing." Bill shrugged, beaming. "Any ideas you want to throw out there?"

"Oh, I have to choose?" he grinned, briefly nuzzling the older male's shoulder. "I know I'm going to be a teen soon, but you don't have to throw the responsibility on me just yet." He laughed lightly, thoughts of his and Mabel's birthday coming to mind. They always did so much together every year. Dipper's heart panged slightly. She would have been overjoyed to share the celebrations with him, like they always did. But this time . . . it would only be him and Bill. No, Mabel wouldn't get to entertain their birthday, the one she most definitely anticipated since her introduction to girly high school dramas on TV. She wouldn't be able to light up whole rooms with her smile as she blew out the candles with him, nor open presents with her twin. All she had was herself and her bubble of imagination. Dipper frowned at the thought. It wouldn't be fair to Mabel . . . But what could they do? Pine Tree best not worry about it. He glanced back at Bill, casting an apologetic gaze. "S-sorry, got caught in my thoughts. I don't mind what we do. Maybe we can have breakfast and then go see if Ford's changed his mind. Unless you'd rather relax in the library or the penthouse or something . . ." He cracked a smile. "I'm terrible at picking what to do."

"Well, let's start with breakfast and work our way through the rest of the day. How does that sound?" The king offered, smile refusing to leave his visage. He could tell Pine Tree was missing his sister, but he couldn't blame him. They were twins and it was hard work to get them to separate in the first place. Should he free Mabel as a special present for his prince? Even if he did, the girl wouldn't want to celebrate with them. It probably wasn't a good idea. Refocusing at the task at hand, he was able to conjure his own breakfast of waffles with syrup. He glanced at the younger male, sitting up. "Chose whatever you'd like to eat."

Nodding gratefully and sitting too, Pine Tree made a similar plate appear, but with pancakes instead. He beamed, continually mesmerized by it even as he ate. "Are you sure you don't have any plans already?"

"Nope. I don't have any." Bill began to eat his breakfast with him.

The boy scrunched his nose playfully. "So reliably open," he teased, grinning. Thoughtfully, he licked his lips. "Yeah . . . I think I have an idea of what to do after we're done. Depending on how you want to balance business and fun, that is."

"I don't mind. We can get the task completed and enjoy ourselves in the same day, after all!" he mirthfully pointed out, giving a wink and giggling.

The sound brought warmth to his cheeks. "Hey, you actually do have the ability to wink properly," he laughed, affectionate awe in his voice. Bill's usually-covered eye was mysteriously breathtaking. Typically, his winks appeared like deliberate blinks — which was endearing in his own way. Invisible flutters of happiness at being close enough to Bill to share in intimacy tickled his insides each time.