Chapter 30

Sadly, their beautiful kiss and its wonderful sensations couldn't last forever. Bill pulled back, still staring into Dipper's eyes with excitement and joy. Adrenaline filled his body. Finally! After thousands of years, Bill would get what he truly wanted. Dipper's love was a side prize; something he won unexpectedly, amazingly. The demon glanced back at Ford as he slowly revealed the rift that was in Dipper's bag. He took the rift, making sure his audience was watching. All he had to do was drop it.

Dipper was still warm and the aftermath of the kiss sent ripples of attraction through him, the boy unable to wipe the smile or dreamy look from his face. Or the saliva, the wet, scented love that lingered on his lips. It felt so good, even though it was over. His brain only partially registered Ford's crazed expression.

He was, indeed, crazed. Ford looked so shocked and unnerved that Dipper would have laughed at him had he not been mooning over his kiss with Bill. "You-you have —?" the man choked out, sweat dribbling down his forehead as he hurriedly stuffed his hand inside his own backpack. His mouth dropped open wider, if that was possible. Realizing that it was empty too late for a plan, Ford gave it his all to charge forward and grab the rift from Bill before it shattered on the ground. He must have still been stricken by Bill and Dipper's kiss because he tripped on the root of a tree on his last step, falling over again with huge and terrified eyes. He was so clumsy that day. A fatal mistake.

Dipper smirked through his faded daze.

The dream demon laughed at Ford's clumsiness, holding the rift teasingly in front of him. He placed one hand on his hip and dropped the rift, the glass shattering completely, inches from the old man's face. "Oops! Seems I'm clumsy too today. My bad!" Bill's mocking, sarcastic voice regained its original echoey ring as he laughed. "Oh! At last!" Bill stretched his arms up, grinning from ear to ear. The shattered rift shot a laser into the sky, the beacon tearing a huge and colorful rift in the center of the sky.

Bill stepped closer to Dipper, reaching for his hand. "Come, my prince. It's time to regain my power!" As soon as their hands touched, Bill floated up, helping Dipper fly easily. He held onto the boy as they ascended, the magic and energy of Bill's original form and dimension flowing through him. The demon didn't forget to let some of that magic flow into Dipper. Not too much, but enough so he could really be Prince of Weirdmageddon.

The boy felt a mixture of surprise and fascination when the magic surrounded him, the vibrant colors licking his skin like binding fire. His hand tightened around Bill's as a wild spark of energy bolted through his core, sending extreme ripples to settle in his very bones. It was sizzling, though not quite burning, filling him with an insane joy. He could easily get addicted to the feeling. The magic stopped flowing into him after a moment and he felt a little disappointed, though every one of his senses felt heightened.

Pine Tree looked over at Bill, taking in the blond's strengthening form with a splitting grin. The tween didn't even think he needed help to fly anymore. But he didn't try on his own. "I would say this day couldn't get better, but that would be a lie, wouldn't it?"

"Yeah!" Bill yelled over some of the wind that was picking up. "Prepared to meet the beings from my dimension?" Beaming, he pointed to the gigantic rift above them. "They should be here soon, but first, we have to inform the town." Keeping Dipper's hand in his, he happily flew the boy to town square where most of the townsfolk were. They were all confused and staring at the rift.

Dipper was sure that Ford had been yelling at them the entire way, though he ignored it.

For some reason, Mabel wasn't there on the streets, nor Stan or Bud or the other candidates, though various collections of civilians were wearing badges. The brunet grinned down at them, still beaming with the amount of power he was granted. He felt almost . . . superior. But that was a ridiculous thought.