Chapter 32

The master's suite was stylish and classy. Directly across from them was a fireplace lit with cerulean fire. A picture hung above the mantle, showing the real Bill wearing a crown and standing next to a blue Pine Tree, like the one Dipper drew. To one side of the room, there was an elegant, nice-sized bed and a small bedside table. The walls were decorated with patterns that glowed a soft, golden color.

He wasn't sure why he was so surprised. But the Fearamid was surprisingly luxurious and strange on even levels and the mix took Pine Tree's breath away. For once in his life, there was actually time to fully appreciate the decor. I'm going to . . . live here? He almost didn't want to touch anything. If Mabel had been there, he would have demanded her not to.

Bill beamed as he watched, amused at Pine Tree's reaction to the room. "This is where you and I will be staying. I don't really need sleep anymore, but I know you do, so I figured when night falls you could rest here and I'd might join you." The demon stepped further into the room, pointing to the picture. "And I shared the glory with you!"

Pine Tree was blushing hard, pure exuberance flowing through his veins by the touching display. It was perfect. Bill was perfect. "Wow . . . W-wow," he choked, overly happy. He pulled the blond into a loving embrace, glad, once more, that they were together. He never wanted to leave Bill's side. Never.

The king returned it, a hand fondly reaching up to play with the boy's hair. His brown locks were soft between his gentle fingers. "You're welcome, Pine Tree. Weirdmageddon is wonderful, isn't it?"

Pine Tree smiled up at him, his own crown tipping with the endearing action. "I . . . yeah. Yeah, it is."

Bill happily placed a small kiss on the boy's birthmark then walked out the door to show his prince a few other parts of the Fearamid.

He was never disappointed, enjoying the stroll with his lover. The rainbow-ish colors between the bricks in the main hall cast a soft light on the passageways, slowly swirling around like a lava lamp, its own kind of magic. The brunet's hand squeezed Bill's fondly after they walked for a bit. His voice was low, curious, perhaps a bit wanting when he said, "I've been meaning to ask you something, Bill . . ."

"Yes?" The dream demon lifted his eyebrows, his curiosity peaked. His golden eye searched for a certain door at the same time. He was excited. The next room would make his Pine Tree adore him even more. But finding the right one was a bit tricky in the maze of a pyramid he had created.

"Why didn't you tell me what Weirdmageddon would be like?" he brought up gingerly, pressing a bit closer to Bill as he eyed the hallway.

Bill stopped them front of the door he was looking for and turned to face Pine Tree. His voice was casual, not at all stressed. "Mostly . . . I was afraid of how you would react. After all, Ford . . . well, he didn't like the idea of Weirdmageddon. I figured maybe you wouldn't either." Bill's hand reached for the doorknob, pausing for a minute to think things through.

"You know you can tell me anything," he said after a few seconds. There was a time where he would have undeniably opposed the apocalypse, a time where he believed the world was beautiful and innocent and everyone deserved to be saved from evil. That felt long ago, before Bill showed him love, before Gravity Falls revealed its secrets. Despite the past, he loved Bill and he knew that he wanted the best for at least him. And that was enough. A desire that Dipper might think was selfish but still drove Pine Tree along this path.

Bill opened the door, giving a nice smile. "Welcome to the repository of my knowledge! Everything I know about the universe is in here." He grinned, showing off an impressive library with lots of books and very comfortable looking chairs and couches.