Chapter 52

Sorry about the long wait. School was not helpful in helping me update or get anything for the fandom done. 

The rift tore across the heavens at a breakneck pace, splitting the sky in a kaleidoscopic eruption of otherworldly power. Trees once untouched deepened in hue as they submissively bowed to their rulers: the tingling gusts, the cascades of strange, the whims of an interdimensional desire finally unleashed.

Dipper sucked in a huge breath as soon as the seal on his princely gift released itself, body rejoicing in the utter ecstasy Weirdmageddon granted him at such a ghastly scale. Pine Tree realized in a smacking wave how he missed having the world at his fingertips, overwhelmed with possibilities, being stronger, more capable, fully appreciative of his connection with Bill Cipher and his mastery of the mind. He realized all that in a moment, smiling widely despite the obvious disaster expansion was causing. His fingertips tickled proudly in anticipation, eyes darting to the old man gravely watching his work. Bill! Bill, we did it!

Their connection was stronger than ever. You did it. I couldn't have done it without you, my love. He rejoiced in his excitement, golden magic soon swirling around him. "This is amazing. Better than I had ever imagined." The blond winked at Mabel. "The demons have left since the barrier broke. You'll be safe now. I need to see Dipper." That said, he teleported with ease to his lover's side, taking in the sweet male before him. He kissed him immediately.

The teen wrapped his arms around Bill's neck, passionately returning the ravishing affection. His insides burned blissfully, beyond anything he'd felt before. Dipper's knowledge that Bill was free, that they were going to live on together, strive together, forevermore, gave the brunet every triumph he could hope to imagine. His tongue peeked lovingly to meet his boyfriend's lips, reveling in the pure emotion coursing through him. I love you so much, Bill. You're really . . . really free.

Bill pulled the younger impossibly closer, his own blood boiling. He pulled away, panting softly, golden eye half-lidded. "I know. Where would you like to go first, love?"

"No, no, I can't," he laughed, flushed with warmth. "You're the one who deserves to choose. You've waited for forever! Come on, you first." Practically glimmering, the younger took his king's hand reassuringly in his own, curled hair blowing in the wind. A smile played over his lips. "Afterwards, we can check on everyone at the Shack. If you'd like that."

"Dipper . . ." Bill breathed. He couldn't believe how much he loved him. "I'll choose a location, but are you sure you don't want to say goodbye to your family yet?"

"Might as well say goodbye to all of us on this forsaken planet," Ford answered for him, scowling up at the rift. "Do you have any idea what you just let out? Your freedom has cost the life of the universe!"

Bill opted to ignore the old man even though he could eviscerate him with a glare. The blond solely focused on his young lover, grinning.

Dipper sighed at the outburst, shaking his head. "Great-uncle Ford already gave me this speech earlier. He thinks the rift will grow out of control if we don't stop it," the male explained, offering a brighter smile to match Bill's gorgeous one. "We can handle it, though, right? Spread magic, mystery, and fun all around and still keep everybody safe."

The blond nodded. "Why, of course we can control it! I'm more powerful than I was before." He winked, squeezing Dipper's hand. "Everything will be fine. Ol' Fordsy's just a worrywort." The truth was always harder to face than the lies. Ford had a good reason to be worried.

Dipper couldn't help the satisfaction at hearing those words out loud, laughing softly. "He'll find out that he won't regret it soon enough, huh?" The prince glanced back at his kin, continuing to grin. "Thanks. Guess we'll see you later tonight?"