Chapter 42

The break from all the action was wonderful. It was an absolute gift. But it wasn't particularly uneventful. As usual, Pine Tree expected nothing less from Bill.

"You're kidding," he laughed, running his fingers lovingly through the former triangle's beautiful, golden hair, leaning into him. "No way, Bill. I wouldn't believe that for a second."

Bill chuckled. "Oh yeah? Think I'm lying, do you?" He pressed a small peck to his lover's cheek.

The boy beamed at that, insides bursting with affection and amusement. He continued to play with Bill's hair, blushing happily. "Please, come on, Bill. You've gotta be pulling my leg."

The king giggled, purring. He took the expression seriously and he reached down and pulled Pine Tree's leg. "Now I am!"

"Wha-what the heck?" the tween exclaimed, grinning profusely. Electricity and warmth spiraled up from the contact, surprisingly yet pleasantly strong. He placed his free hand on the blond's arm, lightly shoving him as he offered a consolation kiss, still reveling in joy. "It's a figure of speech, you dummy."

Laughing, he leaned in closer. "Oh, I know, I was messing around." Smiling slyly, Bill closed the gap between them, heart soaring.

Pine Tree's response was lost almost immediately, eyelids fluttering shut. He could get used to Bill messing around. No problem.

The apocalyptic royal closed his own eye, resting his hands around the younger male so they would stay pressed together. He kissed with a fiery passion, showing the extent of his love. It was proof that even demons could change. As much as Bill hated to admit it, the thought of losing his Pine Tree and being alone made his chest hurt in a way he never felt before — and it wasn't the funny kind of pain, either. Though, the king didn't want to focus on the bad things; he wanted to concentrate on the good things. And kisses were amazing.

His prince was practically falling apart under Bill's spellbinding intensity, passion driving him deeper into the kiss and the embrace. He'd never felt anything better than Bill's lips on his, their bodies pressed together, the other's breath hot on his face when he pulled away for air, crashing their mouths back into another feverish, loving kiss, fingers trailing down from gorgeous blond bangs to try and cup a cheek, going incredibly weak and feeling crazy fantastic and . . . B-bill . . . Pine Tree moaned not-so-softly in the middle of things, wanting to literally merge with Bill, considering how teasingly and awesomely flush they were, though also feeling as if he would fall limp and submissive at any fleeting moment. Bill . . . Bill . . .

Cheeks heated and burning with affection, Bill molded their mouths together, two pieces of a whole and perfect fit. You're gonna wear out my name, kid, he teased. Even through all their love and passion, he still managed to keep his sense of humor. But secretly, he loved the way Pine Tree said his name.

Heart thumping a quickened rhythm in his chest, the brunet enjoyed their kiss, adoration flowing thick in his very blood. You're . . . such a . . . perfect . . . dork, came his attempted retort, unable to clear his head of the flawlessness of Bill. Even his kisses were astounding. And so spectacularly sweet.

The king pulled back, chuckling breathlessly at his response. Two dorks in love, I suppose. Cutely, he rubbed their noses together, heart fluttering. "You're my adorable nerd." He giggled.

Thinking he should be indignant in some form from the title, the young prince simply stuck his tongue out. I'm n— A heavy blush erupted across his skin when he unintentionally licked Bill's lips, entire being on fire as he tensed up, mortified and shocked and somehow smitten all the same. Bill's lips tasted amazing. Oh, goodness. "S-sorry! I didn't mean to; i-it was an a-accident . . ." he stammered, putting a little space between their faces, his own flushed furiously. Bill was so hot. Well.