Chapter - 49

Manik went with his friends thinking that Nandini must be with her family and family came home thinking that she must be with Manik. Now it was 1 am of the night. Manik was in disco with boys suddenly his phone rang. He excused himself and came out the number was unknown.
"Hello..! Who's there?"Manik asked totally irritated.
"Manik..!Rishab here..! Ab Nandini ko ghar choor do tomorrow is your engagement beta..! Come home..!"Rishab said cheerfully and Manik's face went pale.
"Bhaiya what are you talking? Nandini is not with me..! Wo tou ap kay sth ghar gai the..!"Manik said worriedly.
"Aray nahi beta..! Hmaray sth nahi aye wo..!"Rishab too became worried.
"But she is not with me either..! I thought that she went with you all..! That means she is still in the mall?"Manik almost shouted the last line...! Rishab too became panic. "I will get her bhaiya..! Bhabhi ya Mom ko kuch mat btana un ko bool daina she is with me..!"Manik said and cut the call.
"Crap..! Just once myny khyal nahi kiya and..! God..! Damn..! How could I be so reckless..! So irresponsible..!" Manik thought angrily during his drive back to mall. He reached there in no time and was about to step inside with the guard came.
"Ap ander nahi ja skty..!"He said strictly. Manik's worry and anger rose to it's peak and he grabbed the guard's collar.
"Listen you dumb..! Meri biwi ander hai..! I want to find her..! Agr tu ny mjy rokny ki koshish ki tou me tera moo toor doon ga..!"Manik yelled on top of his voice and guard gulped the lump in his throat.
"Ok Sir..!"He nodded in trembling with fear and Manik run inside the mall. He was running aimlessly in the corridors just to get a glimpse of his lady love..! But no..! It seems today Nandini's aiyappa was on verge of testing his patience..!
"Nandini..!"He shouted her name everywhere but no response. "Where are
you?"He said almost in tears. He remembered last time in dressing room when he was getting cozy with her how much happy they were..! DRESSING ROOM..! Yeah..! dressing room hit Manik's head and he run towards the dressing room. The guard follow him.
"Open the door..!"Manik shouted at the guard and he immediately opened the door. There was so much dark inside but in spite of the utmost darkness he can clearly see HER trembling figure crumbled like a small ball. "Nandini..!"Manik whispered and slowly walked towards her. She was continuously mumbling something between her hiccups Manik knelt in front of her and the mumble became clear it was "Manik". Manik felt a sharp pang in his heart.
"Nandini I am here baby..!"Manik whispered lovingly caressing her hair and Nandini look at Manik.
"Ma-man-manik?"She whispered in disbelief and traced his face.
"Yes..!"Manik said softly and pull her in his embrace. Nandini banged in his chest and started crying like a two year old kid who met his parents after getting lost in crowd.
"Manik..! Tmhy pta hai itna..! Itna andhera tha..! Me tmhy bula rahi the..! But wo door lock ho gya..!"Nandini said innocently between her sobs and Manik held back his tears.
"Shhh..! Bus main aa gya na..! You are safe now..! I am here baby..!"Manik said lovingly rubbing her back but Nandini's tears were constantly flowing. "Stop crying na meri jaan..!"Manik said helplessly.
"Manik..! Tmhy pta hai main itna dar gai the..! But I knew..! I knew that you will come..!"She again sobbed and Manik sighed.
"Shhh..! Dekho aa gaya na main..! Meri taraf dekho jaan..! Look at me..!" Manik said breaking the hug and cupped her face. "Ab ni rona? You are my strong girl na..! Aa gya na main bus..!"Manik said nodding his head and she too nodded. Manik wiped her tears and kissed her forehead.
"Manik ghar-ghar jana hai..!"She said cutely sniffing her nose and Manik smiled. He gently picked her up in his arms and she hide her face in his neck. Manik came out of the room and saw the guard standing with head low.
"Listen...! Aagy say dehaan rkhna kise aur ko andar na band kar daina..!" Manik said strictly and walked out. Nandini's grip on Manik's collar was very tight to which Manik cuddle her more and more to his chest. He reached his car and tried to made Nandini sit on the seat but she didn't left his collars.
"Nandini..! I am here..! Leave my collars baby wrna main drive kesy karoon ga?"Manik asked smilingly and Nandini pouted sadly. Manik lovingly pecked her pout and she left his collars. Manik smilingly made her sit on the seat and he almost run to his side to sat on the driving seat. As soon as Manik sat on his seat Nandini placed her head on his shoulder. Manik titled his head a little and pecked her forehead.
"My baby is fine na?"He asked softly while his way back to home.
"Hmmm..! Fine..!"Nandini almost whispered and Manik nodded he knew she was not ok. Soon they reached home and Manik got down of the car. He opened the door for Nandini but she didn't came out.
"What happened?"Manik asked curiously.
"Mjy uthaoa na please?"Nandini said so innocently extending her arms and Manik's heartbeat broke all the records on her cute demand he just wanted to smash his lips with her and to kiss her until she begged him for more but he knew he couldn't because they were in the parking.
"Your wish is my command..!"Manik said politely controlling his bloody hormones and without any effort he easily picked her up in his arms. He came inside and saw Rishab and Preeti pacing here and there worriedly. As soon as they saw MaNan they rushed towards them.
"Where was she?"Rishab asked worriedly patting Nandini's head but Nandini didn't answered and hide her face in Manik's chest.
"In the dressing room..! Mall kay dressing room me..! She got locked accidently..!"Manik replied calmly.
"Are you ok Nandu beta..!"Preetis asked worriedly Nandini again didn't answered.
"She is fine..! Bhabhi I am taking her to the room..! Ap kuch khanay ko lay ayen ge is kay liye please?"Manik said softly and Preeti nodded. Manik smilingly walked towards Nandini's room.
"Ap ko nahi lagta Nandini hum say bohat door ho gai hai?"Preeti said sadly.
"Haan..! But she is happy with Manik..! As long as she is happy I don't have any problem with it..! Tum khana lay jaoa us kay liye..! Us kay baad mery liye coffee lay ana..!"Rishab said in a low tone and walked towards his room.
...
Manik reached Nandini's room and laid her down on the bed. He was about to get up when Nandini held his hand once again Manik was losing it.
"Mat jaoa..!"She pleaded and Manik smiled.
"I am not going anywhere..! Yahen hoon tmhry pass..!"Manik said lovingly and sat beside her. Nandini got up a little and holding Manik's collar she fused her lips with his. Manik too closed his eyes and gave in,she wanted to dominate this time and Manik let her do..! And about Nandini..! She was again fighting with her inner trauma..! She was so afraid in dark..! She screamed like a maniac..! After all that she had a believe that Manik will come to rescue her..! And yes he came..! Now this kiss was like a healing balm on the wounds...! Without breaking the kiss Manik laid beside her and she came on top of him. Her hands were entwined with his and her grip was getting more tight with each passing moment. At last Nandini broke the kiss feeling herself breathless and hugged Manik tightly.
"Are you ok?"Manik asked worriedly caressing her hair.
"Manik..! You know when I got locked in that storeroom na..! The first thing which came in my mind was that what if I will not be able to kiss you again? What if I will not be able to hug you again?"Nandini spoke softly and her words were like thorns in Manik's heart. "Manik agar main tmhy na milti tou? Agr main wahan he mar jati tou?"Nandini asked so much painfully that Manik felt his heart will explode. He switched their places and now Nandini was under him. He placed his finger on her rosy swollen lips and shook his head in a no as one tear from his eye fell on Nandini's cheek.
"Don't talk like this Nandini...! Please aisy mat bolo..! Main tmhry begair shaid zinda tou rahoon ga par jee nahi paoan ga..! Tum mery liye kya ho I can't express in words..! Aur agr aagy say tum nay aise koi baat boli na tou main tum say naraz ho jaoan ga..!"Manik said emotionally and Nandini shook her head.
"Ok baba sorry..! Aagy say ni boloon ge..!"Nandini said softly holding her ear and Manik hugged her tightly. They stayed like this for sometime when suddenly door knocked. Manik broke the hug and got up to open the door. Preeti came in with the food and after placing it on the bed and saying a good night to MaNan she walked out.
"Bohat bhook lagi hai..!"Nandini said cutely licking her lips after seeing her favorite desi food.
"Today I will feed you with my hands..!"Manik said cheerfully and took her in a side hug. She placed her head on his chest and Manik was about to feed her the first morsel when she held his hand. He gave her a what look?
"Have you had your dinner?"She asked raising her eyebrow and he shook his head. Nandini smiled and she picked up the other spoon. They both feed each other with lots of 'neccasry' pecks and kisses. After that Manik tucked her in the bed.
"Aik promise karo gay?"Nandini said snuggling close to him as he sat beside her. She knew that she was asking for a very stupid thing after knowing that Dadi will not allow them but still she wanted too.
"Tum hukam karo..!"Manik said poking her nose.
"Jab main subha jagoon tou tum yahen ho gay na mery pass?"She said innocently holding his hand and he just pecked her forehead.
"Sleep meri jaan..! I promise I will not go anywhere..! Jab tum subha jago ge tou me tmhry pass he hoon ga..! Abhi so jaoa..!"Manik said lovingly and Nandini happily closed her eyes as she knew her Manik never broke his promises. Manik kept patting her head and soon she was fast asleep. but his cell phone rang. He sighed seeing the caller ID.
"Yes Mom..!"He said total frustrated.
"Where are you? Dadi is asking for you..!"Nayonika said in a pleading tone she was sure that Manik was with Nandini but she can't help it because Dadi was standing beside her.
"Mom..! Jab ap ko pta hai tou ap q poch rahy ho..! I am not leaving Nandini alone..! You know na she is still struggling with her inner turmoil..! Itne mushkil say us ka trust gain kar paya hoon..! Wo abhi soi he is shart pay hai kay main kahen na jaoa..!"Manik said strictly. "Ap Dadi ko bool dain that I am with my friends..! Aur aj raat wahan he rukoon ga..!"Manik said in a serious tone and cut the call. He look at Nandini she was so peaceful..! Her thick lashes..! Her chubby cheeks with little blush..! Her pouty lips swollen lips..! Staring at her angelic face he didn't when he drifted to sleep.