On Display

Laura Hollis considered herself to be a rather brave sort of person. She could take on a grown man, or an angry vampire without blinking an eye. She was the one person willing to sit in between two very large and very angry frat armies with more weapons than she had IQ points. However, she wasn't shy either about screaming and running when she caught sight of a spider, one of her worst and most debilitating fears. This was exactly what happened when she was finally going to take a bath in the former Dean's Jacuzzi and she saw an extremely large spider right-smack-dab in the middle of it. Without even thinking to grab a towel, and not covering any of her fun, pretty parts, Laura let out an ear-piercing screech and took off running into the hall.

"Laura?! What? What's wrong?" LaF asks, running out into the hall to check on their friend.

"Spuh-spider." she answers, still too scared to register her nakedness.

"Uhm, Laura, honey...you're nude." Perry tells her as she directs LaF's eyes away.

"Oooohh, my God." Laura blushes as a smirking Carmilla stalks down the hallway.

"Don't bother covering up, Cupcake. It's nothing that I haven't seen before." She chuckles.

"Now, please explain to me why I heard you scream and any and all of your more private of parts are on display in our hall." Carmilla passes the younger girl her jacket.

"Frosh says that she saw a spider." LaF laughs.

"Mattie, just drain me dry now, please." Laura requests, her embarrassment only growing as more people arrived to see what was going on.

"No way, this is much too good."

"Laura, let's just get you back in there." Danny says with a sigh as she tries not to smile.

"Not until the spider's gone." Laura says stubbornly. Carmilla glides by her, blowing past into the bedroom through and into the bathroom.

"What, this little guy?" she asks when she comes back, the spider perched on one long finger.

"Get that demon away from me." Laura snarls, backing up and into Danny.

Carmilla leans down and places the arachnid on the floor slowly, every one of her movements fluid, like water.

"Come on, it's bath-time for the Pop-Tart." Carmilla smiles wickedly and flashes to right beside of Laura, picks her up and throws the small girl over her shoulder and zooms into the bathroom, slamming the doors and locking them all behind her.

"What just happened?" LaFontaine asks, their confusion evident on their face.

"Vampires tend to be very possessive of the people that they have claimed. Having every single one of us see Laura naked is very bothersome to her, she's probably reminding the insect of who she belongs to as we speak." Mattie drawls out in that languid manner of speech that she had.

"What?" Perry asks, not understanding what it was that Matska was alluding to.

"Sex, Perr. Lots of sex and maybe some more bitey-bitey." LaF explains with an eye-roll before leading their best friend away.