Giants and Elves

“Carmilla! Stop calling me Shorty, and Shortcake! You’re not that much taller than me? You’re what? 5’3?” Danny can call me that, she’s a literal foot taller than me.” Laura protested.

“I can call you anything that she is allowed to call you.” Carmilla said in a voice that was more like a hiss than anything else at this point.

“Why do you insist on calling me anything but my name anyway?” the human girl asked.

“The names are sweet things and you’re a sweet kid.” Carmilla chuckled.

“I am not a kid. I am 19 freaking years old, and trust me, I have more life experience than even a vampire like you could imagine for a teenager.” she shouted. “Now, go clean up your half of the room.” She ordered.

Carmilla choked back a laugh and went about picking her dirty clothes off of the floor, still trying not to smirk.

“Short people, always so sensitive.” commented Danny Lawrence as she strolled into the room.

“At least I’m not a giant.” Laura grumbled.

“At least we aren’t elves.” Carmilla repudiated, this actually getting a snort out of Danny.

“No, no, no, no, you two can’t actually start getting along. I wouldn’t survive.” Laura protests.

“I just stopped by to give you these notes for your Lit. class.” Danny said, laying them on the counter before she had to leave.

“Don’t tease her badly, Wednesday.”

“Watch out for stray arrows, Arwen.”

“Thank you, Carm, for making an effort to get along with my friends. It means a lot to me.” Laura said after Danny was gone.

“They’re not so bad after a while.” Carmilla grumbled, abandoning her half-hearted cleaning to collapse on her bed with a book.

“Good enough for me.” Laura said, setting her TARDIS of cocoa on Carmilla’s headboard and lying down beside of her.

Carmilla blushed, this was the closest that they had ever physically been together (she kept track), and Laura had only found out that she was a vampire like two days ago  and she didn’t quite know what to do with all of the feelings that she was having.

“I am inexplicably exhausted.” Laura continued and Carmilla just knew that if she still had a heartbeat, it would be racing. Laura rolled over and put her head on Carmilla’s  shoulder nad was soon fast asleep. The vampiress took the opportunity to inhale that distinctly Laura smell and kiss the top of her head.