Librarian

"Hey, Laura. Do you know where I can find some of your older Greek texts?" Asked Carmilla, a regular in the Silas Library. As usual Laura was stumped by the question, combined with the older woman's incredible good looks. Carmilla came in almost every other day, looking for some new, rare book to read, usually in another language. Laura was always impressed and she always had to ask JP for help.

"I'll get right on that for you." She replied with a smile.

"Thanks." Carmilla said, and she had to think about how she wasn't going to smile back at the adorable human with a smile that could light up a city.

"Hey, JP, did you hear all of that?" She asked the computer with that same smile and it reminded Carmilla that she wasn't special and she stop kidding herself. Laura was just bein good to a loyal customer.

"Okay, we keep all of the older stuff in the bottom floor, it's still four in the afternoon so it should still be safe, just don't take too long. We wouldn't want my favorite customer to die down there, would we?"

She asked and Carmilla saw all of the blood rush to the girl's face at once and couldn't help but smile back.

" No, we definitely wouldn't want that. I'll be back in a minute, cutie." She replied with a wink and sauntered down into the basement.

"Worst-crush-ever!" Laura complained to JP, the human being who had been sucked into the library computer system at some point.

"Understandable." He typed out across the screen.

"That was rhetorical, JP."

"Oh..."

Laura waited far past her shift and into the night with a copy of Interview With a Vampire until she fell asleep on top of one of the tables. When she woke up she wasn't in her room anymore.

"Sorry, Creampuff, but no matter what I did you wouldn't wake up, so I brought you to my room." Carmilla explained.

"You carried me here?" She asked groggily.

"Don't sound so surprised. I'm quite strong and you're quite tiny so it worked out well." Carmilla explained.

"Somehow, I'm not surprised at all...vampire." Laura said cheekily, much to Carmilla's surprise.

"How did you know?" she asked, eyebrows raised.

"You ask for very old texts, and then talk about them as if you knew the men who wrote them. Which you probably did. You aren't afraid to go down into the basement at all hours of the night, which by the way, is the only time you come. Your skin is perfect and your manner of speaking old fashioned. Also, I've seen you carry out five books that probably weigh more than I do in one duffel bag that with one hand. I've never seen you eat anything but you always have a bottle of something on you. That all points to vampire." Laura announced as though Carmilla thought she were an idiot.

"Way to go, Lauronica Mars. Aren't you afraid of me?" Carmilla asked, her eyes narrowing to slits and Laura no longer knew if the vampire wanted to eat her or eat her.

"If you wanted to hurt me, you could've a while ago. The two of us are almost always the last two in the library. And then who would get your books for you?" Laura said, sitting back on Carmilla's bed as though she were completely relaxed.

"Your heart rate says differently, Buttercup." Carmilla chuckled.

"I'm alone in a room with a beautiful vampire who flirts with me every chance she gets. How is my heart rate supposed to look?"

"I'd say it's appropriate. Unlike your rather obvious state of undress."

"I'd say my state of undress is rather appropriate, unless you'd rather me put on some more clothes, vampire." Laura's legs swung out of the bed and Carmilla's eyes widened. She had never thought of the tiny human as the flirty, bold type. She made a mental note to adjust her fantasies accordingly.

"Oh, please don't." for such a small person she had very long legs.

"That's what I thought." Laura's grin didn't match her tone of voice but the older woman definitely didn't mind. That was the kind of grin that could light up whole towns on it's own merit.

"Well it's not quite fair that you get to be half naked and I'm still fully dressed then is it?" Carmilla asked, quirking one eyebrow at the younger girl, playing the perfect part of the temptress.

"I guess not then. Would you like some help with that?" Laura asked, her voice dropping low and husky. Carmilla's breath would have caught if she had any.

"I think that I can manage on my own thank you." Carmilla's own smoky voice husked back, still all the seductress. She slid her hands softly underneath her shirt and pulled it off incredibly slowly, slowly enough to get Laura started, she shifted uncomfortably her legs not doing enough to stem the pressure building between them.

Carmilla's stomach was flat and mildly toned, and Laura hoped that it was because she was a vampire and not because she was born that way, because that would be totally and completely unfair.