Roadtrip

Carmilla screeched to a stop in front of Laura's collapsing dormitory building. Her motorcycle was big and shiny and that was all Laura knew about it except that Carmilla loved that thing. She called it her 'baby'. Laura thought the machine was dangerous and ridiculous. However, now that she was seeing the bike in person, with Carmilla herself on it; it was actually extremely attractive.

"Well, since the school is literally falling apart around us, how do you feel about a road trip, Cupcake?" Carmilla asked, flipping her visor up so Laura could see her face and she could get a better look at her girlfriend.

"You... Do you really want me... to get on that death trap with you?" Laura scoffed with wide and afraid eyes. "Do you know what my dad always told me about motorcycles, crotch rockets and the like? There are so many terrible ways we could end up dying on that thing."

Carmilla grinned wryly at Laura, put the kickstand down and shut the bike down. She slid off in one smooth motion and stepped up onto the sidewalk to take Laura's arm. Carmilla seemed amused, but she really wanted to get Laura moving and away from the dangers of Silas University as quickly as she possibly could. Just as a precaution, she gently grabbed Laura's shoulders and turned them to put her own body between the nearest collapsing building and her very squishy human.

"You know I would never purposefully put you in harm's way." Carmilla had to yell to be heard over the sounds of Silas being decimated. "I have been driving these things since they were invented. I love you, Laura Hollis, and I promise you that as long as I am around I will do everything in my power to protect you. As of right now, you are much safer on that bike with me than here on this campus. All you need to worry about is everyone else out there."

Laura still seemed cautious, but she nodded her assent and followed Carmilla. A matte black helmet was pressed into her hands as Carmilla put her own visor back down and she gestured to show Laura where to sit and how to hold on to Carmilla. For a brief moment, Laura wished she had some kind of leather jacket to wear like Carmilla's as opposed to the comfy and cute sweater she currently had on. She felt like she wasn't nearly cool or dangerous looking enough to be seen with her girlfriend on one of these. Carmilla, however, was perfectly suited to it.

Laura carefully arranged her feet and locked her arms around Carmilla. She rested her helmeted head between Carmilla's shoulder blades and squeezed her eyes shut as they began to race off. Laura could feel Carmilla breathing and her recently acquired heartbeat. She couldn't believe the former vampire would put her newly acquired second chance at life on the line like this already. To quell her panic, Laura decided the best option was to rehearse her lecture for Carmilla in her mind until they got to their destination.