Scars

"Laura, I'm so sorry." Carmilla apologizes sadly for the thousandth time.

"Carm, I'm going to be just fine. Don't worry about it." Laura rolls her eyes as she tries to stand up.

"I really shouldn't have allowed you to leave the library on your own. I should have known that you wouldn't be able to take the pressure of everyone at once. Laura, none of this is your fault. Stop blaming yourself. Stop trying to make amends on your own, Cupcake, you have people who love you and are more than willing to help you. Let them." Carmilla offered, holding one of Laura's bruised hands in both of her own. Seeing her tiny human ex-girlfriend in so much pain kind of hurt her heart. This was exactly what she had worked very hard to prevent from happening to her. Just because Laura had hurt her even as much as she did, that didn't stop her from loving Laura incredibly deeply.

Carmilla kissed her knuckle and tried hard to stop herself from feeling like crap over it. It had all been Laura's decision to go and Carmilla knew that she couldn't have stopped the tiny human from doing something that she had put her mind to. Still, it hurt her to know that she could have done something, but couldn't. Carmilla rubbed her thumb across Laura's knuckles over and over again, before Laura realized that it didn't hurt anymore for Laura to touch them.

"Ah, Carm?" she asked, looking concerned about herself for the first time.

"Yes?" she asked.

"Do you think that maybe you just made the scars on my knuckles go away?" Laura asks, looking incredibly confused. She shakes her hand, realizing that there was no pain in it.

"That isn't on the very long list of my powers." Carmilla protests.

"Unless..."Laura says thoughtfully.

"Unless, what?" Carmilla asks.

"Kiss my knuckles on my other hand." Laura orders. Carmilla rolls her eyes and doesn't take them off of Laura's once as she lowers her lips to Laura's hand. The knuckles tingled before healing instantly.

"Soulmates... we're soulmates." Carmilla groans. "That just makes soooo much sense."

"Please, try and sound more upset about that."