Puppy

"Hey, Carm!" Laura shouts as she sneaks into the dorm room, a little brown bundle wrapped up in her sweater held close to her chest. When she gets no answer, Laura sits down on her bed and opens up the bundle a little bit, allowing the little black nose to poke up and out of the sweater. "Hi there, sweetie." she whispers to the puppy.

"Hello to you too, what do you have there, cutie?" Carmilla asks when she poofs into the room and sitting beside of Laura.

"He was out in the snow and I couldn't just let him stay out there to freeze to death...I hope you don't mind." Laura says with a pitiful, puppy dog expression on her face, made that much worse by the addition of an actual, real life puppy.

"If you had left him to die, then you wouldn't be you. Your good and kind heart is one of the main attributes of yours that had me being drawn towards you." Carmilla wraps an arm around Laura's shoulders and kisses her temple, and then her cheek. "Do you have a name for him yet?"

"I've been thinking about it. I still don't have anything, yet. Help me out, you know a lot more about just about anything than I do." Laura requests, passing the squirming animal over to her girlfriend.

"I say that we name him Snow or Snowflake or something, since you found him in it." Carmilla recommends, stroking his head.

"Those are really cheesy names...how about Frost?" Laura asks, returning with two mugs of cocoa.

"Perfect." Carmilla says with a grin, knowing that now that Laura had put a name to him and brought him home he was never leaving.