Body Swap

I woke up and immediately knew that something was wrong. My sense of smell was immediately much weaker and I felt softer and smaller and...more alive. Not to mention that I was on the complete opposite side of the room. Knowing the college that I attended, I immediately placed the blame on the Alchemy Club. I looked across the room, expecting to see Laura, peacefully unaware of whatever strangeness I was experiencing. The only thing that I saw...was myself. This was when I almost began to panic. Looking down I discovered that I was definitely not in my own body. I was in Laura’s. I had read crappy sci-fi novels about these sorts of occurrences and assumed that Laura’s consciousness was in my old body.

“Laura…” I hissed to my irritating human roommate. At least she used to be human, now she was undead, like I had been. I desperately wanted to spare her the torture of being a vampire, despite how she agitated me, and needed to figure out a solution to this mess. I hadn’t realized that I slept with my mouth open like that.

“Laura!” I tried a bit more loudly and finally she rolled over a little, and fell with a satisfying plop onto the floor

“Don’t freak out, but it appears that we have swapped bodies. You’re a vampire now and…”

“You smell bloody delicious.” she mutters. “I’m a who-what now?” Laura asks making her bunched up angry/confused face that I found adorable before I could help myself.

“I know I smell delicious. This is how you smell everyday. Look at me, Laura. I’m you and you’re me.”

“I figured that out. We need LaFontaine. Before you go anywhere though you need to do something about my hair.”

I had to give the no longer so tiny human some credit. Her mind had immediately skipped five steps ahead into the planning before I had the chance to start actually attempting to convince her that what I had said was true. It’s also possible that she had much too much faith in her everyday person. There was every chance that I wasn’t actually Carmilla.

    I attempted to avert my eyes as I got Laura’s body dressed, but that curiosity and pull that i had been holding back since I became her roommate got the better of my socialite upbringing. She had a much firmer abdomen than I had initially suspected and well formed bone structure. If I had to become trapped within anyone’s form, I was glad that it was this one, though the idea of living a short human life terrified me. I had to wonder about what Laura might be thinking as her eyes couldn’t help but graze over my own vampiristic form.

    Laura was using all of the training her father had given her to stop herself from freaking the hell out. When she looked across the room she could she herself sitting in that same position that Carmilla always did in her bed. When she looked in the mirror all she could see was the smooth expanse of Carmilla’s pale skin as she changed clothes.

“Laura, are you alright?” Laura heard her own voice come out of her body’s mouth. It was extremely confusing but somehow Carmilla , in her body, looked completely calm.

    “I’m fine, really, just thinking.” she said and grimaced as she took some of Carmilla’s clothes into the bathroom to change. Changing clothes turned out to be an interesting experience. Carmilla had always been completely comfortable just standing in the middle of the room and stripping, but even in the other girl’s body she just couldn’t handle it. Somehow the expanse of skin triggered something primal in Laura this time and her heart began to beat harder against the inside of her chest. It almost felt like if she weren’t careful it would bust all of the way through to the outside of her body. It wasn’t like she hadn’t ever seen a naked girl before, but somehow this seemed to be different. Maybe it was because she was inside of the body in question, or maybe the fact that she had always been so attracted to Carmilla.

    “You alright, Creampuff?” Carmilla asked again.

“I’m a vampire, Carm. There’s not much that could be wrong with me.”

    “You know what I mean.”

“How very unlike you to be so worried.”

    “That’s my body you’re in. Who knows what kind of trouble you would get me into.”

Understandable. Laura thought.

“And that goes double for you.”

"Seriously, Cupcake. I'm surprised that you're not freaking out. You woke up this morning in my body just like I woke up in yours. Even I'm a little disturbed." Carmilla pushed.

"If I thought that freaking out would be at all helpful then I'll do that." Laura snarked at her and finally Carmilla could see what she was looking for in her own body. Even without her enhanced vampire senses Laura's body language spoke volumes. Laura gnawed on her bottom lip and crossed her arms tightly over her chest.

Carmilla stood and crossed the small room to where she saw her own body leaning against the desk in a manner so completely not her own. "Come on, Sugarplum. It'll all be alright. Let's go get the Ginger Twins to set us right." she murmured to Laura and brushed a lock of her own black hair behind her own ear the same way she would have, looking at Laura, if they were in their usual respective forms.

"Okay." She responded weakly, making no move to stand up.

"Or I could bring them to you."

"Okay." She answered with an equal lack of enthusiasm.

"Or I could stay for a while and then fetch them."

"That would be preferable." Laura replied, finally looking up at who seemed to be herself, but also just as obviously wasn't. The way Carmilla stood made it obvious that whoever was in Laura's body wasn't Laura.

    "What do you want to do then?" Carmilla asked, wanting to do something, anything, to help Laura out with the insane situation.

"Maybe if we nap, everything will go back to normal when we wake up." She suggested, though neither of them actually thought it would work.

         "That's actually a halfway decent idea, Creampuff." Carmilla lied, climbing into Laura's bed as Laura climbed into hers. They shut out the lights and settled in, the room going uncomfortably quiet. An hour later Carmilla still wasn't asleep, though she was faking it rather well. A creak on the floors alerted her to movement, but she just assumed that it was Laura needing to use the bathroom. A rustle in her blankets made plain that this wasn't the case though. A larger warm body settled in next to her and an arm wrapped around her waist. Carmilla blushed red and she marveled at the fact that in this human body she could do that. She hadn't blushed in centuries.

Covertly she attempted to snuggle in closer and sighed contentedly. Finally she drifted off to sleep, her eyes too heavy to hold open anymore.

     "Wake up, love, and look at me." Carmilla said, poking a still sleeping Laura whose blonde hair was spread out across Carmilla's chest and on her face.

"What? Carm,wuz going on?" She asked sleepily.

"I'm me and you're you again! Though we were both technically still ourselves because what makes us us is our mind and the accumulation of memories and experiences."

"You talk a lot, did you know that?" Laura asked getting an unfamiliar glazed over look in her eyes. Carmilla was immediately suspicious of the strange look, wondering if it might be a latent affect of the body swap.

     "Why hello, Pot. I'm Kettle." She said sarcastically.

"Oh, shut up, you." Laura said with an eye roll before basically pouncing on the vampiress and pressing their lips together.

"If rambling for a bit was all it took then..." Carmilla started.

"Less talking, more kissing." Laura ordered. Carmilla decided that she liked this side of the small blonde human and complied.