Washing Dishes

"You cooked, I'll do the dishes." Laura offers after dinner. She fills the sink with scalding hot water and let her mind drift while Carmilla went about her nighttime routine. After having somehow graduated with her life and limbs intact, Carmilla had surprised Laura with the keys to a studio apartment. The vampiress had thought that she might faint.

"They had lived there together ever since. Lara was living her dreams as a low level journalist and an incredibly popular blogger online. They were happy, much happier than Carmilla could have ever thought that she could ever be allowed to be.

It had been hard to get to a good place again. Laura had had an identity crises there for a bit, she had no idea of who she was without her black and white view of the world. Everything had changed when she had begun to see the world in different shades of grey. Carmilla was one of those multiple shades, and that particular color was probably her favorite. I was most definitely her favorite.

Carmilla could see her in a different light as well now. Laura scrubbed harder as she thought about it. Laura had sacrificed everything that she believed in to save Carmilla's life (afterlife?), and it had probably been the hardest decision that she had ever made, still, if she were back there again, she knew that she would make that same decision again.

"Laura, are you done?" Carmilla asks,popping in from around the corner in her red silken house robe.

"Just finished." she smiled when she saw Carmilla grinning at her softly.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Carmilla looks at her with confusion and concern.

"Because I love you and I don't think that I or anyone else has told you that enough." Laura says as she dries off her hands.

"I love you, too, Cupcake." Carmilla hugs her tightly against her chest, unsure of what was going on, but knowing that when it came to Laura, hugs could only help and never hurt. As long as she was wanted, Carmilla knew that she would be around to hug Laura when she needed it.