Movie Night

"That movie was only worthwhile because of the popcorn, sodas and the kissing, I swear." Laura grumbled as they exited the theater. Carmilla noted that the other patrons seemed rather put out as well. She had not read the book the movie was meant to be based on, but apparently the adaptation had not been made well. Her little cupcake was red-faced nearly to the point of trembling.

"You mean between the two of us or the couple in the movie?" Carmilla asked rather teasingly, her eyebrows belying her meaning. "Because there is certainly a preference in my book."

"It just shows a lack of respect for the source material... and for the fans themselves." Laura continued angrily, as though she hadn't heard a word Carmilla had said. "I came to just have a good movie night with my girlfriend and I honestly feel so insulted right now. I feel as though my very intelligence has been insulted."

Carmilla chuckled aloud at that. "I know you're angry right now, but I need you to know that nerdy and pissed off Laura Hollis is new to me and also absolutely adorable. I just had to say that... so, now you may continue as you were."

Laura's face turned a bright shade of red as they continued to walk away from the theater and Carmilla smiled affectionately down at her. Her lip poked out slightly in a pout. It only made her more adorable. Laura wanted to be angry, which meant she definitely didn't want to seem at all cute right then.

"Are you telling me you couldn't feel your IQ points falling away as you witnessed all of that nonsense?" Laura scoffed almost disbelievingly as she whirled on Carmilla, eyebrows drawing tightly together.

"I wasn't actually watching the movie, Sweetpea. I found watching you watch the movie to be much more entertaining. Your facial expressions were just so vivid and unabashed. Despite being human now, my night vision is still quite impressive so I could make them out quite well. Still yet, even I could tell that the film was not very well written.." Carmilla's tone and expression were much softer than those she usually wore. Laura could tell she had her guard down and was being incredibly earnest. Despite the rather goofy and casual moment, statements like these from her were few and far between. Laura treasured them, each and every one, storing them in her heart for when she would need them again.

Unable to come up with an appropriate response verbally, Laura turned to Carmilla, pressed up onto her toes and kissed the former vampire thoroughly for a long moment.

"I rather enjoy your company as well, Carm, and I appreciate your kind words." Laura practically hanged from Carmilla for a minute. "Thank you for coming with me to witness this shitshow and for putting up with my ranting. I promise you that the actual books were much much better."

Laura lowered her feet back to the sidewalk and began to support her own weight. She took Carmilla's hand and lead the way once more. "Lots of homoerotic subtext."