Weeks, Months, and Years

It took weeks for Laura to feel like a person without Carmilla. After the breakup she kind of felt as though she were living with one arm completely missing. As she had said before, it felt as though someone had cut a hole in her. Laura missed the vampire, so badly, it hurt like, a toothache. Carmilla had taken a piece of the little human with her when she had left.

For weeks Carmilla felt completely lost. Without Laura she didn't have any idea at all of where she might even want to go. Without Laura she felt as though her very humanity was beginning to slip away. Cutting their relationship off had been one of the single most painful things that she had ever done, though completely necessary. Carmilla knew that she couldn't be with someone who would ask her to fight against her own sister. To try and fight against someone that she had known and loved for centuries longer than she had known Laura.

Months later and the catastrophe was over. At least this most recent situation had passed. Laura was working her way back into a good place, a good place where she and Carmilla might be able to at least talk to one another again. She already knew that it wasn't at all going to be easy. However, she also thought that it was going to be worth it.

Months later and Carmilla just felt tired. Everybody had already been through so much and she just wanted to grab Laura up and take her to some safe and impenetrable fortress where nobody could ever get to them. they could be safe, together and in love. However, Carmilla already knew that Laura always refused to run away from anything just because it was hard.

Years later and Laura was finally feeling happy again. She had her arm back and that hole had been filled in her chest again. Carmilla regularly made everything better with just her presence. with Carmilla, Laura finally felt safe, but she felt like she was nearly too safe, like something was wrong and she didn't know it. then she would see Carmilla and remember that she actually was that happy.

Year later and and Carmilla was finally feeling as though she might be at peace. SHe had golden the girl and lost a lot else over the years. She knew that her relationship with Laura would have never been completely normal, but neither of them really minded, she thought. Normal had always been totally over rated. Her un-normalcy was what had always allowed her to take care of Laura. Carmilla would never give that up, she loved that she could protect the younger girl.