Content

"Hey, Carmilla," Laura begins softly, hating to break the peaceful and soothing silence. "I just thought that you should know that I don't think that I have ever been happier in my life." she is curled around Carmilla, her head on the vampire's bare shoulder, their breathing in time, even, and relaxed.

"What makes you say that?" Carmilla asks, turning her head to look at Laura with a sense of mild confusion.

"I just feel so at peace right now." Laura says with a sigh for the moment. "Here, with you, right now, I feel safe. I feel the most calm. I feel like I have you and I have what I need to be happy and I am." she wraps her arm around Carmilla's waist and squeezes gently.

"I understand what you mean. I never thought that this could at all ever be possible." Carmilla replies. "For a while there it seemed as though everything that could go wrong did."

"If you asked me, this, right here and right now makes every single thing, every little bit of it worth it." Carmilla says, reaching over and stroking Laura's hair, pulling her in and kissing her, nipping at her lips every now and then. She ran her fingers through that hair and pulled Laura as close in as possible. Every touch still lit them both on fire like the first. Every time they kissed, they would have sworn that they could have flown. Their hearts still beat at double time and thy just pray that it could last forever.