Games

"My dear Laura, love of my very long life. You must stop playing games with deities." Carmilla said with an amused and semi-horrified groan. To Laura personally, Carmilla seemed a bit agitated by Laura's sudden appearance and state of dishevelment, in spite of the wide grin on the young woman's face. Despite her fragile, young, and thoroughly human body; Laura was always ready and willing to throw herself into life or death situations over board games against the new and the old gods.

"I do what I want when I want to, Carmilla. I'm kind of a badass." Laura announced with the utmost confidence. A line of ash from who knows where was smeared across one cheek and Carmilla still seemed concerned. "You know just about no one is a real challenge for me anymore."

"It would be a different story if you were still willing to play with me." Carmilla complained. She was as old as some of the younger High Beings Laura would summon to challenge herself.

"You always cheat. You bring out the seduction eyes and you distract me. It's just not fair." Laura complained and Carmilla would have to admit her girlfriend really did have a point. She was guilty as charged... but didn't regret a moment of any of her ploy.

"Yes... I do." Carmilla told her with a wiggle of her eyebrows. "You love it though. Otherwise it wouldn't work every time." The smirk quirked up in Laura's direction as Carmilla flashed those seduction eyes at her. Laura immediately felt her heart rate spike. She had some kind of Pavlovian response to Carmilla's seduction eyes now.

"I... cannot argue with that." Laura replied, standing and looping her arm around Carmilla's neck before taking a seat on the couch next to her. Carmilla held her tightly and pulled her in closer to herself. Laura fit perfectly against Carmilla's body, her legs splayed out across Laura's lap. Carmilla tucked her face into the crook of Laura's neck. The younger woman tangled her fingers in the thick black hair at the nape of Carmilla's neck.

"You... smell like sulfur." Carmilla laughed and coughed, shoving Laura away. "We can get down to the seduction eyes once you have had a good shower." Carmilla wrinkled her nose at her girlfriend.

"Or... you could get down with the seduction eyes with me..." Laura took both of Carmilla's hands and pulled her up from the couch "In the shower... right now." Laura recommended.

"That makes sense. Your hair needs some real help, like right now." Carmilla reached up and pulled something hard and white out of the heavy brown hairs. "What is this?"

Laura shrugged. "Probably a bone chip or something. There was a small explosion, and it made a big mess. Athena takes her Battleship very seriously."

Carmilla couldn't tell if she was serious or not. She wasn't sure if she even wanted to know.