Chapter 2

Blake scanned the room. All the girls gave him the look like he was their next meal. Then he saw the girl who is now staring back at him with her big brown eyes.He grin when he notice her turned white." Good morning everyone." He said while staring directly to the girl who gave him a hard on while inside the elevator.
Katherine collected herself and kick herself before averting her gaze from the guy. She managed to looked away and pretend that she isnt affected by his presence.Sam noticed her reaction and teased her. " Finally. You have a hots for our boss." She glared at him. " He is not my type. I dont have the hots for him." She whispered."Relax baby." Sam whispered back.
Blake noticed that the girl is too close to a guy and he was surprised at his reaction wanting to punch the guy and ripped her away from him. He glared at the guy.
" The boss looks like he wants to kill me." Sam whispered to her ear. Katherine looked and met her boss's eye. She averted her gaze and whispered to Sam. " He wants to kill you coz youre more good looking than him." Sam laughed at her and she smiled back.
Blake stared at the two. His jaw clenched and his eyes cold and in fire.
"In welcoming our new CEO. We expect everyone to join the party on friday" Mr. Smith said.
Katherine looked at Sam. " I dont wanna go." Sam looked at her." We wont miss it for a world. Ive been dying to doll you up and this is my chance"
Katherine scrunched her nose in annoyance. Wearing a dress and heels would definitely kill her.
"This is the accounts department." Blake was only half listening to what his employee is saying. He is looking for a girl. A girl who ticked his interest.
"And this is the IT Deparment." Mr. Smith said while opening the door.
The people inside the office stopped chattering and went back to their seats. They were cowering over a desk. Then his eyes landed on her.
"This is Katherine. She's the princess and the only rose among the thorns."
Katherine froze but manage to give a small smile.
"Good morning boss." Katherine said and smiled towards Mr.Smith.
"So this is what im paying you to do? Chat all day about nonsense?" Blake said.
Everyone in the office fell quiet. Katherine clenched her jaw.
"How did you know that what were talking about is nonsense?She said. Katherine knew she would be in trouble by talking back but too late to stop now.
Her officemates and Sam had their mouth open. Sam was tugging on her hand to make her stop.
"Baby stop it." She heard Sam.
Blake looked at her with his piercing eyes and if she was not leaning on her chair she would definitely fall on it.
Katherine looked back mustering all her courage but deep inside she was scared.
Mr.Smith cleared her throat. " Blake lets visit the other office." Katherine looked at Mr. Smith and smiled at him. Mr. Smith gave her a thumbs up.
Blake looked at her one last time." I will not tolerate your attitude. See me in my office in an hour". He left without hearing her response.
Katherine sat down feeling her energy drained from her.
"Oh my God. What did i do?" She felt her colleagues tapping her back.
"I told you to control your temper." She heard Sam said.