Chapter 8

Katherine reached the venue. It was a five star hotel. You would know that only the people with money can afford to step in this place.
She parked her car and locked it before walking towards the elevator.
When she reached the entrance, she felt everyone's eyes on her. She ignored those eyes and started to look for Sam.
" Katherine?" She heard Sam called her. She turned around and saw her friend wide eyes with appreciation in his eyes. He hugged her and guide her to their table.
" wow!" The boys whistle.
" we didnt know our prince was a princess!"
Her face turned red like a tomato. She knew this will happen but she was happy at the result.
They started talking when someone called their attention.
" good evening everyone. I hope you guys are having a good time. Our CEO would like to say something. Lets give it up for Mr. Blake Thornton."
Everyone rised from their seats and clapped their hands.
Blake raised his hands.
" thank you all for coming and i wish you have a goodnight. Enjoy the party."
Everyone cheered for him.
Katherine saw that he was looking at her from the stage. She catched her breath. He was wearing a black suit with a red necktie matching her outfit for tonight. She can feel the butterflies in her stomach the moment their eyes met. She felt her heart beating so fast nd she wondered if the guys can hear her heartbeat. She had to get hold  herself so she excused herself and she went to the washroom.
Katherine is on her way back to the table when she saw that familiar figure. She saw him laughing with the girl.
She felt an ache tugging on her heart. She felt her eyes forming tears. She cant breath. She silently cursed herself for feeling this unfamiliar feeling she never felt before.
She decided to turn her back and made way to their table. Drinks are served and she found herself drinking more than she can.
"Are you okay girl?" Sam looked at his friend.
"I am okay baby." She answered back. She doesnt want to remember what she saw so she decided to drink until she felt numb.
She cant remember how long has she been drinking until Sam told her he will bring her home. She just nodded.
On their way to Sam's car, she heard that familiar voice. She thought she was hallucinating so she grabbed the door handle when she felt someone hold her wrist.
Her vision is blurry due the amount of liquor she had and she thought she saw Blake looking at her.
She closed her eyes and she felt her body being carried. She felt that strong arms on her body. She snuggle and put her face on the crook of his neck inhaling that scent that made her weak.
She let herself doze off while he caried her on his car.
She felt herself being carried again and heard the elevator sound. She doesnt remember having an elevator on her apartment but she was too sleepy to ask the guy who was carrying her.