Chapter 6

Katherine bit her lip and tried to answer. " I dont know youre calling. I slept early and didnt check my phone."
"Next time answer your phone." She heard Blake said.
She wondered why is he giving her attention. She saw all his past flings. She is not even close to those girls he was dating.
She wondered if he feels what she is feeling.
What am I feeling? She asked herself. It dawned on her that she likes her boss. When she thought of those girls he is been with she can feel that ache in her heart and she cant breath.
She worked faster so she can get out of his sight. Her realization hit her. She wants to stop whatever she is feeling coz she knows she will be hurt.
She felt this way before and knew how it is to be ignored by someone you like.
She finished checking his system and made sure its working fine.
" Your system is working now." Katherine gathered her things and stood up.
She saw him nod and didnt even glance at her way. She felt that ache again.
She hurried her way out of his office and promised herself that whatever she is feeling for him should stop. She will lose in the end.
It took her years to get past that heartache.
This time she knows it will be worst and she dont know if she will be able to handle it.
The week had past without any encounters with her boss.
Tomorrow is friday and she still didnt have anything to wear for the party. They were all too busy with their work even Sam.
She decided to go to the mall and check if she can buy something she like after work.
When the clock hit 5 she said goodbye to everyone and made her way to her car.
She thought of eating first or buying the dress then eat.
She decided to eat. She went to a nearby restaurant. The waiter asked for her order whe n she thought she heard a voice that she knew all too well.
She saw her boss with a girl. The girl has blue eyes with a heart shape face. Her hair is flowing like that of a shampoo commercial. She was tall and slim like she just got out of a vogue magazine.
She pinched herself when she felt her eyes began to water. Good thing his back was on her. She heard the girl laugh and she saw her smile at him. She thought that they look good together. Then she saw him hold her hand while going out of the restaurant.
She didnt know that the waiter placed her food on the table.
She looked at her food and started to eat. She ate everything just to feel better. She paid her bills and went out and headed to the mall.