Chapter 20

Katherine was saying goodbye to her neighbor when she heard a car stopped in her driveway. She knew it was Blake. She heard him knocking on her door.
She already made a decision never to talk to him again.
She would be happy of the police would come and arrest him but she thought about her neighbors so she asked Mrs.McKinley to talk to  lake and inform him that he isnt home.
Mrs.McKinley is like her nana and she understood what she's been going through after she told her everything.
She heard her talking to Blake and she heard him broke down her door.
She is fuming and is itching to go out and knock some sense to him.
Mrs.McKinley went inside after and looked at her.
"That boy you got there is sure to have some temper dearie."
"Im sorry Megan. I just cant talk to him right now."
"Its okay. Dont worry about it. You can stay here as long as he is there. Especially now the door is  broken."
They both laugh at what theyre doing. It is somewhat childish but she doesnt have much of a choice.
Her thoughts went back to her current situation. She rubbed her still flat tummy and smiled.
Her baby. Her precious baby.
She thought of Blake in her house. What if she will tell him about her being pregnant?
Would he leave her alone or would he stay with her?
Suddenly a thought occured to her. She began to pale as a thought passed her mind. What if Blake decides to get the baby? He sure is very powerful and could go on great lengths. He is known for getting what he wants.
She already love her baby so much and she cant bear the thought of losing him or her.
"Are you okay dearie?"
Mrs.McKinley looked at her.
"I am okay Megan. Thank you."
"Dont worry about things for the meantime. Everything will be okay."
"Thank you Megan."
She touched her tummy again. Her baby would be loved and cared for. She will do anything and everything to keep her happy and loved even without a father.
She would tell him or her about her father when she feels the time is right.
She hopes her baby would take after her father.
Her baby would be the center of her world and no one will take her baby away from her.
She have to leave quick before Blake finds out about her baby. She wouldnt risk telling him about her pregnancy.
She would leave tonight. She doesnt have much to pack and she would just ask Sam to look after her apartment and pack everything for her.
All she needs to do is to make sure Blake leaves her house.
She called Sam and told him her plan to make Blake leave.
"If i dont love you babe, i wouldnt risk my head for you."
"I love you too Sam. This is for your niece or nephew."
"Call me once youre settled okay?"
"I will Sam. Thank you so much."
Then she ended the call and looked outside.
Blake heard his phone ringing and check who is calling him.

"Hello." He answered it with a clipped tone.
"Hello Sir. This is Sam. We need you here in the office because we had some problem with the softwares that we just purchased."
"Why the hell are you calling me for that?!"
"Sir, we have tried to talk to the vendor but they are not willing to take responsibility for it."
"Im on my way." Blake said and he ended the call without waiting for Sam to respond.

He started walking out of Katherine's house and decided to come back as soon as the problem is fix. He wont let her get away that easily. No one runs away from him. Especially girls.
He headed to his car and drive away.

Katherine saw Blake leave her house. She immediately said goodbye to her neighbor.
She went straight to her room and took out her luggage to pack her things.
She doesnt own much so its easy for her to pack.

After at least half an hour, she is almost ready to go.

She carried her luggages and put it in her car. She went to her old neighbor and asked her to wait for the Sam who will fix her door. She thanked and and reached for her car as if her life depended on it.

She can feel her heart thumping on her chest because of nervousness and the feeling of wanting to flee. She felt her vision getting blurry and she reached for her tummy.

She have decided to drive to her cousin's house. It is at least a 4 hour drive from her home. It is a small town and she can stay there while she is thinking of her future plans.
She would have to tell her parents about her situation and she is not quite ready to do that yet.

Her mom would sure be asking her about the father and her dad would likely kill Blake if he ever finds out he hurt her and knocked her up.
She is sure they would accept her and be happy with her being pregnant, heck they have been bugging her about grandkids!

She saw a gasoline station and decided to refill her tank coz she doesnt want to risk getting stranded. She also bought some food. She is craving for some junkfood and ice cream so she bought different flavors.
The cashier was looking at her like she was crazy.
She blushed and reached for her wallet to pay for the items.
While waiting for the items to be punched, she touched her tummy and smile to herself.
She caught the lady looking at her with a knowing smile. She smiled back and gather all her items.
She went out and started her journey for a new life.