Chapter 18

"Spill the beans. And dont leave any details out."
She heard Sam telling her after she closed the door of her apartment.
"Let me order some food first. Fancy some chinese take outs tonight?"
Sam nodded and dropped himself in her couch.
"Wine?"
Sam looked at her and rolled his eyes.
"You never offered any wine to me before. This must be big considering youre not a big fan of wine."
Katherine went to her kitchen and open the cupboard. She took the wine out and grab two glasses for her and Sam.
She went back to where Sam was at and plopped herself beside her friend.
"I will miss you. Where could i find someone like you."
"I dont have a clone. You cant find someone like me anywhere else. In the first place we work together, its not like youll be moving your sorry ass somewhere."
She didnt respond and kept her mouth shut.
"Wait, youre leaving?!" Sam shrieked.
Katherine took a deep breath before she looked at Sam. She nodded.
Sam looked at her dumbfounded.
"I cant be here anymore."
" what the fuck got into you?"
"I just need to breath for a while. Think about stuff. I will call you everyday."
"Tell me what is wrong now. What is happening to you."
They heard the doorbell and she stood up to open the door and pay for their food.
Sam stood and went to the kitchen to grab some plate for their food.
"Lets eat first. It can wait. I am starving."
They ate their food in silence. After they finished, she opened the wine and pour their glasses with the red liquid.
"I need to get away from Blake before i lose myself."
Sam looked at her.
"After the party, i am...we did...h--ave sex." She blushed.
"You bitch! I knew it!" Sam squealed!
"Sam!" She was blushing so hard.
"And we did it again."
" you did have sex twice and you didnt even bother to tell me?"
"I cant tell you that!" She slapped his arm.
"Do you like him?"
Katherine was silent. She thought about her friend's question. Do i like him?
She thought about his eyes, his face, his smile and that smirk on his face.she remembered how she felt when he kissed her for the first time.
Then it hit her. She like the guy the very first time she laid her eyes on him.
Sam was looking at Katherine and he knew his friend is whipped.
" you like him dont you?"
Katherine just nodded.
"I cant like him Sam. I have to go away and deal with my feelings. I am not one of those girls that he usually date. I am not from his world."
" you are beautiful, smart, sexy and most of all you have a good heart."
She let her tears fall.
"Oh babe." Sam hugged her and let her cry her heart out.
"When are you leaving?"
"This weekend."
Sam just nodded.
" you know that i am always here for you. Dont ever forget that."
Katherine hugged her friend and cried more.
"When you had sex, you used protection right?"
Katherine gasped.
He didnt use any and she is not on the pill.
She cant stop herself from fidgeting waiting for the result of her pregnancy test. She keeps on pacing back and forth while thinking how stupid she can be.
After Sam asked her if they used protection, both of them rushed to the nearest pharmacy to fetch some pregnancy test kit.
They have bought at least 10 pregnancy test kit to make sure of the result.
She did notice the cashier looking at Sam and her and the pregnancy test kits that they habe bought.
Sam was downstairs and was waiting for the result as well.
She never missed a period and now that Sam has popped the question, she just noticed that she havent gotten her period.
She cant stop her tears from falling thinking of all the possible scenarios that will happen to her if the result is positive.
"Babe do you have the result?!" She heard Sam yelling from downstairs.
She cant bring herself to look at the kits.
"Sam! Can you please take a look at the result for me please?" She yelled
Sam went inside her bathroom and took the test out and looked at her
"Im gonna be an uncle!" Sam said with glee.
Katherine paled and sat down on her bed. She cant believe it. What would she do now? Would she tell Blake about it. What would he think? Would he be happy that he would become a father?
All of this is running through her mind and she didnt hear Sam talking to her.
"Are you alright babe?"
"Would you tell Blake?"
She just looked at Sam coz she doesnt know the answer.
" its his right as a father to know about the baby." Sam said.
She knows he is right but how could she face him and tell him abput her pregnancy. Would he believe her?
She touched her stomach and cried more. This time its because of happiness. A baby. Her baby is growing inside her.
A memory of Blake. Something that would always remind her of him. She imagined a little Blake and her heart soars with happiness. Something to remind her of the person she love but cant have.
"I will tell him about our baby." Katherine told Sam.
Sam hugged her." Thats right baby."
"I cant believe im gonna be an uncle. Ill spoil her rotten."
"You cant spoil my baby you crazy ass." She told her friend while laughing.
She touched her flat stomach and smiled. She will be a mom soon. She promised herself that she will be the best mom her baby could asked for.
She then decides to tell Blake tomorrow.
Sam went home after another hour of blaberring about how cute her baby would be.
She changed into her pajamas and went to sleep thinking about Blake and her baby. She is still quite anxious of his reaction.
If he will not believe her, she will not forced herself and her baby to him. With tgat thought she finally went to lala land.