Chapter 5

She started working and her officemates started coming in. They greeted her like the usual thing they do. Being the only girl in a field of boys has its perks and downsides.
She get a free coffee from the boys every morning. They also bully her in more ways than one. They keep on bugging her to get a life so she would stop talking to their wives and girlfriends who always asked her to monitor the boys.
Sam called and said he wont be able to go to work as he is not feeling well. She texted him and told him she will drop by his apartment later.
She didnt notice the time until they got a call that a computer is not working. She got all the details and catched her breath when she checked that its in the CEO's office.
She asked the boys to check it but they are all tied up. She decided to go and muster all the courage she got. She was too nervous she forgot what the concern was.
She walked pass his secretary's desk thankful that she was busy on her stuff.
She knocked on the door.
"Come in." She heard him say and she calmed her heart. She wondered if she will have a heart attack.
"Good morning Sir." She didnt even recognize her own voice.
"Good morning sweetheart." She felt him stood up and came forward. She took a step back.
" Can I check your system Sir?"
"Call me Blake sweetheart."
She calmed herself before talking.
"My name is Katherine. Stop calling me that." She was proud that she didnt stutter.
"Where is your system Sir." And then she felt him wrap his arms around her. She looked up and saw something in his eyes.
" Dont try my patience sweetheart or ill punish you." She swallowed and moved away from him.
Blake looked into Katherine's eyes and he cant stop himself from kissing her luscious lips. He cant forget how she responded to his kiss. He cant understand himself as to why he cant stop thinking about her from the time he saw her at the elevator.
He watched her swallow and looked at her neck . He held himself and stop from burying his face into her neck.
He let her go and let her do her job. He wondered what's with her that pull him to her.
He watched her brows furrowed while checking his system. He noticed how fast she typed and how her eyes move while reading the sequence on his computer.
She wasnt even his type. She was so simple. She is not even wearing any makeup. He tasted her lips and didnt taste any hint of lipstick that he tasted from his past encounters.
She was pretty in her own way. He wondered if she is with the guy last time.
He noticed how her lips move while talking to someone from their department.
"Where were you yesterday?" He asked.
He saw her gasped and composed herself before answering.
" I went home early coz I am not feeling well."
He looked at her intently.
"Why are you not answering your phone?"
She looked at him with a questioning eyes.
"I was trying to call you but youre not picking up."
He didnt get an answer. He looked at her and knew she was trying to remember something.