Chapter 19

Katherine decided to visit an obgyne before going to the office.
"Good morning. I would like to know if there is an available doctor right now. I dont have an appointment of some sort." Katherine looked at the nurse.
The nurse smiled at her. " yes ma'am. Dr. Stephen would be here in a few minutes. Just fill out this form right here then wait till i call your name."
Katherine fill out the form and gave it to the nurse.
She sat down and thought of how she could start telling Blake about her condition.
She holds her still flat stomach and smiled. She looked around her and notice some pregnant ladies with their husbands. She suddenly felt sad and imagined herself with someone to go with her.
"Katherine Griffiths. Dr. Stephen is ready to meet you now." The nurse called her name.
"Hi Katherine. I am Natalie Stephen."
"Hi Natalie. Can i call you Natalie?" She blushed.
"Sure thing doll."
"So how far along are you?" Natalie asked.
"I am actually not sure. I am always irregular so i really dont know."
"Okay. So lets go ahead and check first since sometimes kits are inaccurate as well. Just oee in this and ill also take some blood."
Katherine went to pee and went back to Natalie. She took some blood samples.
"Katherine, just lay down in here. This will be cold okay?"
Katherine nodded.
She felt the cold substance in her tummy and she heard a soft thud around the room.
She looked at Natalie.
"Thats's your baby's heartbeat. Based on this, youre actually 4 weeks pregnant."
She felt her tears fall on her cheeks. Her baby's heartbeat. Its the most beautiful sound she ever heard.
"Ill be giving you vitamins for you and your baby. We want a healthy mommy and baby dont we?" She heard Natalie and she just nodded.
She went out of the hospital after getting all the prescriptions that Natalie gave her.
She get into her car and drive her way to the office. Now more ready to face her baby daddy.
She greeted the guard and waved at the receptionist.
She went straight to Blake's office and looked at her secretary.
"Is Mr. Thornton available?"
The secretary looked at her and just shrug her shoulders and pointed the door to Blake's office.
She nodded at the secretary and went to Blake's office.
She didnt bother to knock and just pushed the door open.
What she saw broke her heart into million pieces. There inside his office is a bimbo who is sucking the face of her baby's daddy.
She gasped and close the door but not before she saw Blake looked at her.
She immediately went out of the offfice not bothering to say goodbye to the secretary.
She half ran to the elevator to avoid anyone.
She pressed the button praying to God the elevator will come up soon.
"Katherine!wait!" She heard Blake call her.
The elevator opened and she punched the button to close it. The elevator reached the groundfloor and she ran to her car. She started her car and drive away with tears running down her face. She promised herself that she would take care of her baby alone and wont allow Blake to break her heart again.
Blake was barking orders after Katherine drove away from the office.
He saw the hurt and betrayal in her eyes. He also saw disgust and anger.
"Fuck!"
He sent Kendra away right after the incident with Katherine.
He dialled his secretary's number and told her to call Sam as soon as possible.
He sat down and look outside.
He doesnt know why he ran after Katherine.
Blake Thornton doesnt go after a woman.
It is the other way around.
He was surprised at what he did.
"Fuck this!"
His phone rang
"What?!" He barked
"Ahh mmmm Si-rrr, i called the IT department and-d.." his secretary stutters on the other line which made him more angry.
"Stop stutterring! I didnt hire you to stutter on the phone!"
"Im sorry Sir. Sam is not reporting for work today."she said in one breath.
He didnt even say goodbye and dropped the phone.
He called up the HR department and told them to look for Katherine's file.
"I want it right now. If you cant do it youre fired! I dont pay you to be incompetent!"
"Yes Sir. Right away Sir."
After a few minutes, his line rang.
"Sir ,someone from the HR department is here."
"What are you still doing calling me?! Send him in!"
A guy comes in with a folder in his hands.
He looks like he is about to pee in his pants and his hands were shaking.
"Sir, here is Katherine's file. We have kept it at the archive because she already resigned last friday."
"She what?!" He shouted
"Ahmm she...she..." the guy stutters
"What?! She what?!" He asked again
"She resigned last friday Sir."
"Leave."
The guy ran out of his office like his life depended on it.
His jaw clenched at what he heard.
He looked into the file and dialled the number on her file.
"Hi, i am not available right now. Please do leave a message and ill get back to you soon as i can."
He dialled again and all he got was the same voicemail message.
He stood up and grabbed his keys.
No one ran away from him and no one dares to not answer his calls.
"You wanna play baby. Then lets play." He smirked and went out of the office
His secretary jumped from her seat when he opened the door.
"Cancel all my appointments today."
"But Sir you have a meeting at noon. This has been scheduled since last week."
"Am i paying you to give me orders?" He said with his stoic face and with cold eyes.
"No sir."
"Good. Then do as i say and cancel all appointments today!"
"Yes Sir."
He went to his car and drove to Katherine's house.
His girl wants to play so he will play hide and seek with her.
His hands tightened on the steering while turning his knuckles white.
"Damn!" He hissed under his breath.
After 40 minutes, he reached her house.
He pressed the doorbell and started to knock but no one is answering inside.
He saw her car on the drive way and he knows she's at home.
"Katherine! I know youre in ther so you better open this damn door before i break it." He shouted.
Still no response.
"Open this fucking door Katherine before i punish you for your attitude!"
All he got was silence.
He was about to break the door when another door opened.
"Katherine is not there. She just left her car and left after." The old lady said.
He looked at the old lady and notice her eyes twitching.
"Ill be waiting for her inside then."
The lady looked at him with eyes bulging before going inside her house.
He broke the door from the hinges and sat on her couch. He will wait for her and she will be punished for making him wait.