Chapter 21

Blake reached the office but his mind was still with Katherine.
He went straight to Sam and asked him what is the problem.
"I am so sorry for calling Sir." Sam told him.
He saw his fingers twitching and he just know something was up.
"What is the problem that you have to call me up here when I am out of the office dealing with something important.?!"
Sam started blabbering and he cant seem to form the proper words.
"I am so sorry Sir. The client was not listening to us and was demanding to speak with you or else they will cancel the contract." Sam said in one breath.
"Where is the client now?" Blake asked
"We set up another meeting Sir."
"And you didnt bother calling me to inform me so I dont have to come here?!"
"What is wrong with you people?!"
"I am paying you to do your job?! So do it right or else look for another job!"
Blake stormed out of the room and went to the parking lot to go back to Katherine's house.
When Blake was out of, Sam dialled Katherine's number.
"I am so gonna kill this girl. Answer the freaking phone.!"
He tried again and at the third try, Katherine picked up the call.
"Hey babe! Hold on, i'll just stop."
"Where are you now?" He asked Katherine.
"I am almost home. 30 mins more and I am home."
"How is everything? What happened? You didnt get into trouble right?"
"No baby girl. But your guy was so mad I thought he will breath fire and kill me right there and then"
Katherine laughed.
" First, he is not my guy. Second, he is mot some dragon that will breath fire so calm yourself babe."
"You owe me one."
"Youre going to be the godmother of my child. Isnt that enough?"
Katherine had to remove the phone from her ear.
"Ahhhhhhhh really?!!!!" Sam shouted over the phone.
"Yes babe. I cant think of anyone but you."
"I have to go now babe. I will talk to you as soon as I reach home."
Katherine hung up and continued to drive. She was thinking of what would Blake do when he finds out she is gone. She smiled and had to stop herself from laughing.
Blake was driving back to Katherine and was thinking of what he will do to her. She needs to learn her lesson not to defy him. No one dares to defy him.
He parked in front of Katherine's house amd noticed that the car is gone.
He knocked on the door  but no one is responding.
The old lady came out and looked at him.
"She came back when you left. I told her you were waiting for her but she said she doesnt know you." The old lady said.
Blake had to remind himself that he is talking to an old lady.
He is so mad he could smash anyone's face at the moment.
Katherine ran away from him. She actually ran away from him and now she is nowhere to be found.
He dialled his private investigator's number.
"I have a job for you. I need the information on my desk as soon as possible. Are we clear?"
He was gripping his phone tightly.
"I will see you soon Katherine and you will learn your lesson." Blake went to his car and drive away.
Katherine reached home after a long drive from her home in the city.
"Grandma! I am home!" Katherine shouted
She heard someone from inside the house coming to open the door.
"Katherine my darling! Why didnt you call me so we could have pick you up from the terminal?" Her grandma asked
"Grandma, i am okay and i do have a car so i drove from the city to here. I miss you grandma."
"I miss you so much darling. Its been a while since came and visited your old grandma. Come inside so you can rest."
"Thank you grandma" Katherine carried her duffel bag inside the house.
"Are you going to stay here for a while Katherine? Did you finally file a vacation leave from your work?"
Katherine saw her grandma looking at her in her peripheral vision.
She started getting nervous because she knows her grandma will know something is up. She will definitely know that she is lying, she always does.
She looked at her grandma and smile.
"I will be staying her for a while grandma and I resigned from my job already. I will try to work here and stay with you." She said
Her grandma just look at her and letting her to take her time and continue talking.
She started sweating because she knows her grandma will not let it go pass her.
"Tell me what made you decide to leave your job. You love that job and there is no way that you will leave that job if it is not important."
Katherine kept quiet and let he grandma finished talking. She knows that she needs to tell her grandma the truth because she will soon find out.
"I am pregnant grandma." She finally said
The look on her grandma's face is of pure shock then later turned to pure joy with tears running down her face.
"Oh my goodness darling! This is the best gift I could ever ask from you. How long since you know? Where is my grandson? Will he follow you soon? I cant wait to meet him soon.!"
Katherine smiled and look at her grandma. She feels happy that she made her old lady proud but now she doesnt know how to break it ti her that she will be raising her child alone.
"Grandma, can I go up and rest for a while? I am so tired from driving."
"Of course darling. You can use your old room. I didnt touch anything or change anything since your last visit"
"Thank you grandma. I will see you later"
She went upstairs and called Sam.
"Hey babe, I am home and my grandma knows that i am pregnant but she doesnt know i will be raising my child alone"
"Hello there Katherine. So you ran away with my baby is that right?"
Katherine blinked. She will never forget that voice. She started sweating and she held her breath just so she wont make a sound.
She is very nervous and she knows it will be bad.
"Blake..." Katherine said