Chapter 10

Sapphire:

My eighteenth birthday is in two days and I still know nothing about Keira and Stephen.  I hope they worked everything out.  Adelle has been on the phone for an hour now and I don’t understand what is so important.  I lie back in bed and slowly close my eyes.  Tomorrow I will have to tell Adelle about my birthday. 

I’m standing in a dark room and all I hear is broken sobs.  Who is crying?  Screams break out from the crying girl and I feel the need to comfort this girl.  I hear a male voice in the room.

“I don’t know how to soothe your pain my dear.  Tell me what is wrong.”

The crying girl tries to speak but screams are all that make it out.  The room is brought to life and I can see everything.  Keira and some stranger.  Who is this stranger and why does he have Keira?  Every time he touches her she lets out a broken whimper.  I can tell she is growing weak but what has her in so much pain? 

“Keira, please tell me how to soothe your pain.”  This man speaks to her with so much compassion.  Does he love her?

She can’t speak.  Her pain is too great and it is causing her silence.  Keira what happened to you.

“My dear what did he do to you?”

He?  Who could he be talking about?  He couldn’t be talking about Stephen.  That was impossible because Stephen said that he was her mate so they would have to be together.  I will have to ask Adelle about that tomorrow.  I’m pulled from my thoughts by another agonizing scream.  I wish I could help her.  I walk towards her and place my hand on Keira’s arm.  Her eyes shoot up to mine.  Can she see me or am I her guardian angel in this dream. 

A pain shoots up my arm and I collapse to the floor shaking uncontrollably.  Her pain is the worst heartbreak I could ever feel.  Her pain makes me want to die.  I can feel all of the unbearable pain that she is feeling.  She has quieted down for a few moments.  Have I taken some of her pain away? 

I’m viciously kicked out of the dream that I was having and fighting for air.

I spring up in bed and feel someone stir next to me.  “What’s wrong Sapphire?” A groggy Adelle asks me.

“Tomorrow is my birthday.”  I whisper.  I can’t tell her about my dream.  I don’t understand it yet.

“Why haven’t you told me?”  She pulls out her phone and starts making some phone calls.

I wait for her to finish trying not to listen in on her conversations but one catches my attention.

“Hey Stephen.”

Her sisterly smile springs to her lips.

“I’m calling you to invite both you and Keira to Sapphire’s birthday party tomorrow.”

Her lips turn down in disappointment.

“Well I hope she starts feeling better soon but yeah, her brother is more than welcome to come.  I’ll see you two tomorrow then.” 

She flips her phone shut and she has a strange expression on her face.

“What is wrong with Keira?”  Don’t say uncontrollable pain please.

“I don’t know.  He just said she has been throwing up and is not feeling well.”

I let out a sigh of relief.  Maybe it was only a dream but it felt so real.

“As for you, let’s go buy you a birthday dress.”

Adelle pulls me up off the bed and leaves the room.  I walk into my closet and grab a beautiful spring pink dress.  The dress compliments my skin very well and I pull on a pair of white flats.  I leave my hair wavy and put on light black eyeliner.