Chapter 21

"I don't know if I can take anymore information in my mind about my mom and my not-really-biological father." I can tell he is annoyed by my response.

"Well you are going to have to learn some day about your birth and your life Keira."

"I don't understand why no one can tell me the truth from the beginning. Mom told me she died when she gave birth to me because her soulmate was her doctor that she couldn't have and now you're going to tell me that you and my mom made me?"

"I know that all you have been told is lies but i'm here to clear those lies up. Fate brought you back to me to help clear the fog and show you your true destiny."

He looked at me with passion as if he was actually believing the bullshit he was spewing out.

"That's cute, but i'm not an idiot."

"Watch the way you talk to me Keira." His cheeks turned red and his eyes lit with anger.

"Sorry. Don't get mad at me because I have lost all my faith in individuals and their honesty with me. Mainly because they were never honest with me."

"Just listen to me Keira, your mother and I were soulmates but we couldn't be together. Not because I didn't want to be with her because I loved her so much, but because her parents did everything to keep us apart. They didn't want your mother falling in love with a warlock."

"But then why bother not letting my witch out." He could see my confusion beginning to grow.

"Like I said before, around the time you were born it was dangerous times for witches and my coven was threatened as well as my royal chair. I couldn't protect you and it killed me to know I couldn't"

"Well my grandparents must have wanted to protect me."

He stares at me with sad eyes and the worst case scenario pops in my head. Did they want to kill me because of what I was or did they not love me because I was half fae half witch. Not one or the other but both. How can I fit into two different worlds and still balance fitting into Stephen's world as well. Not one would accept me fully for who I was or what I am. My eyes meet back with my father.

"My sweet Keira... I hate to be the one to tell you this, but-"

"Let me guess, my grandparents are dead or they hate me, or something like that."

"Oh, heavens no but what a relief that would be for me. Your grandparents don't know you exist."

"How do they not know?" I feel my heart break a little. After my birth they could have raised me so I could have had a better life and I could have been educated about the two species that are buried within me.

"Your mother kept it from them and with me out of the picture and your birth date growing nearer; your mother just wanted you safe since she knew she was dying. The birth she put her last bit of energy into to make sure that you were born safely and healthy."

I couldn't believe any of it but mostly that I had grandparents.

"I want to meet them. You owe me that much."

"I'll try sweetheart but it won't be easy to get them here."

"Call them. Now. Put it on speaker, I want to hear."

"I can't do that."

"You can and you will if you want me to even try to accept any of this."

He stares at me for a moment before pulling out his phone and dialing a number. It rang a few times before a women answered with an annoyed hello.