Chapter 14

I’m lying on his chest after our past couple rounds of love making.  I can’t stop thinking about what happened before all of this.  Would I have even met Stephen if I had a different home life?  What would my life be like if I hadn’t met him before this whole transformation?

“Why does that matter, sweetheart?” 

There he goes invading my mind again.  “You know, if I wanted you in my head there would be a welcome sign.  Stay out of my head, Stephen.”

“I can’t do that.  I need to know what is bothering you or what you are thinking.”

“Well here is one thing, how could my own mate just toss me away like that.”

I’m given a warning growl from Stephen but I ignore it and continue on my rant.

“Not only that but you didn’t have the decency to see me until I was actually on my last breath, and then you decide that it is okay to love a human.  Am I really that disgusting to you Stephen?  Because—“

His hand flies over my mouth and I glance up into his eyes and see a burning fire there.  I know now that I have gone too far.  He leans in very close to me and whispers in a menacing voice.

“If you don’t stop ranting then I can promise you that I will think of some form of punishment to deal with that attitude of yours.”

I can feel my blood boiling but I know now that it may be a better idea not to say anything and to just back down while I still can.  I see him visibly relax and he realizes that I am standing down.

“I’ve made mistakes.  I’m not perfect and I understand that but I’m trying my best to do right by you now.  I love you, Keira and I am not willing to lose you twice.”

He removes his hand from my mouth and instead of talking, I lean up and kiss him on the lips.  He smiles down at me in relief.  My mind switches back to his threat.

“Would you really hurt me?”

“What do you mean, Keira?”  He sighs in annoyance.

“Punishment?”

A wicked grin spreads across his lips and sneaky gleam lights up his eyes.  “I was thinking something a bit more exciting.”

A bit more exciting?  What could that possibly mean?  I mean he couldn’t mean what I have seen on TV, or what I have heard of from one of my old friends.  As I begin to discover what he could be talking about, I feel my heartbeat pick up and an excitement fill my body.  An embarrassed blush claims my cheeks.  Would it hurt?  Or would he get lost and hurt me if I had angered him too much?

“I may have grown up in the growing culture of discipline but it is nothing like it was before.  Women were spanked in public as a form of shaming and I would never do that to you for more than one reason.”

“What are those reasons?”  I look at him with true curiosity on my face.  What reasons could he possibly have?

“I love you and would not want to put you through that humiliation, and because I don’t want another man’s eyes on you.  You are for my eyes only.”  He leans down and kisses me on my forehead.

“You mean you wouldn’t want another man’s eyes on me in that intimate setting?”  I can feel my anger rising again and I do my best to suppress it.

“Yes, that’s what I mean.”  A challenging light fills his eyes.

This is what he wants.  He wants me to challenge him.  Well I think I might just give him what he wants.  I sit up and crawl off his chest.