Chapter 18

Unknown POV:

“Look at my beautiful toy, Sister.”  I glance over at my sister as she rolls her eyes in boredom.

“She looks like a death doll.” 

I glare at my idiotic sister.  My toy doesn’t look like a death doll; she looks like a beautiful weapon.  I don’t particularly like fear in her eyes and the way she is looking around in confusion. 

“So are you going to go grab her, Brother?”

“No.  I’ll let her remain in that home, besides she can’t regain her memories unless I return them to her.”

“Master isn’t going to be happy if we come home without the girl.”

Once again I shoot a glare at my sister because of her ridiculous comment.  “She will come soon enough but with all of those people surrounding her it would be risky.”

“We have a spell for that, Brother.”

“I know, but she will remain awake and we won’t be able to take her with her powers being activated.”

“Fine, but it’s your fault then.”

My sister casts a spell to take her back home and I cast a spell to make my new toy faint.  I follow my sister back home and wait for our chance to snatch our dear Keira.

Stephen POV:

I’m sitting in the chair next to Keira’s bed.  My heart fell to the ground when we all realized that we were going to have to keep her by force and I’ve been searching her mind for hope that she is only faking.  So far, I have found no evidence of her pretending.  I’m afraid that she has put a block on her mind and the only way she will remember is if she wants to remember.  Daniel has tried talking to her but she only stares at him in confusion and no one else can get close enough before her power activates.  I have made too many mistakes when it comes to Keira and when I get her back, I know I will do whatever I can to make her the happiest girl in the world.  

Her heart rate begins to pick up and I know she is waking up.  My heart drops because this is when I must leave so that she doesn’t get too scared.  I climb out of my chair and walk towards the door.  I’m about to open the door when I hear her beautiful voice.

“Please don’t leave me; I get very lonely in here.”

Keira POV:

I know he’s in the room and I feel something inside of me trying to pull me towards him.  This man hasn’t left my bedside unless I tried to hurt him by accident and it was even hard to get him out of the room then.  I know deep down that I should feel something more for this man but I’m not sure what.  He is too young to be my father and I have already met my only brother.  Maybe a cousin or uncle?  I could always ask him some day while I’m chained to this bed. 

When they tied me up they told me they didn’t want to do this to me but it was for my own good.  I didn’t understand them at the time but I have realized now that I can hurt other people when I’m scared and feel threatened.  I don’t want to hurt these people but I don’t know how to control it.  This man, calling himself Darcy, told me that he could teach me how to use my power.  I didn’t believe him at first but then he showed me his power and I found it a lot easier trusting him after seeing that demonstration.