Chapter 16

I can hear the pounding of her heart in her chest and I can smell the strong stench of fear pouring from my beloved mate.  My heart drops at this level of fear that my mate is exhibiting.  She has no reason to fear me and she should be fully aware of that.  I know that she has only done this because she is worried about me.

“Keira, come here.”

She slowly enters the room.  Her fearful scent grows much stronger as she moves further into the room.  I stand and move around to stand in front of her.  I don’t give her time to react before I grab her and set her on my desk.  She flinches as her behind comes in contact with my stapler.  I lift her back up and brush the worthless items off my desk top before setting her back down.  Reaching under her skirt, I pull her lace panties off her and I rip my pants off allowing my erection to spring free.  I pull her to the edge and wrap her legs around my waist, pushing myself into her.

A moan leaves her lips as we meet thrust for thrust in a fit of passion.  I push her top over her head and work my lips from her neck down to her erect nipples.  She tightens her grip on me and I can feel her nails dig into my back.  A moan of pure ecstasy leaves her as I quicken my pace and sink my fangs into her neck.  My hands are grasping the small of her back, keeping her from squirming too much from our heated pleasure. 

I remove my fangs and find her lips with mine.  Our tongues fight for dominance but I quickly overcome her.   She tastes exquisite with the mixture of her blood and her sweet mouth.  I speed my thrusts into her and I can feel her breaking my skin on my back as she rakes her nails down. 

I whisper in her ear.  “Come for me baby.”

With that she loses herself in a fit of passion and pleasure.  I follow behind her as she tightens around me with her shocking orgasm.  She drops her head on my shoulder in exhaustion.  I slip out of her and a small gasp leaves her beautiful lips. 

“My sweet Keira, I will always love you.  Why must you fear me?”

She glances up at me with tired eyes.  “Your moods change faster than the seconds in a day.”

“Living for many centuries alone will do that to you.”  I whisper in her ear.

Sadness enters her eyes and I know that sadness is for me but I do not want her to feel pity for me.  I smile down at her and kiss her forehead.  She returns my smile and I lift her up and carry her into my bedroom. 

I lay down on my bed with her lying on top of me.  I can feel her small heart beating on my chest. 

“I have neglected you for too long.  I’m sorry that you were given such a terrible mate.”

She leans up on my chest and her beautiful brown eyes catch mine.  “I would never choose anyone else.  I love you.”

“I wish I could make you happy all the time.”

“You do make me happy all the time.  Why do you doubt yourself?”

I stare deep into her eyes before answering her.  “I have done many terrible things to humans in the past, when I first met you, I thought you were just going to be like the others but I started to fall for you and I began to feel disgusted with the way I had treated so many humans.  Tell me how one human can make me feel compassion for the others?”

“I’m not human Stephen.”  She whispers.

“I know.  At the time you were.”

“I wasn’t ever a human.  I was always a Fae.”

“I don’t want to fight.”  I rub my hand along her back.

“I know.”  She presses her lips to my chest.