Chapter 17

I slowly open my eyes and glance at Stephen.  He is still asleep.  I climb up from the bed, trying to be as still as I can.  Stephen's arm shoots out and grabs me, pulling me back to the bed.

"Where do you think you are going?" 

I glance down at Stephen, and his eyes are still closed.  Reaching down, I poke his cheek and his eyes slowly open, a foolish grin spreading across his lips.  Returning his smile, I lie back down and curl up into his embrace.

"Nowhere."  I kiss him on the cheek.

"That's what I thought."

"I like this Stephen better than old Stephen."

I catch his eyes with mine but he shoves me off of him and rolls over on his side.  "Everybody likes this Stephen better than old Stephen, was I really that bad."

"Stephen, I love you but the first night I was at this house you were going to let three vampires rape me and drink my blood."

"I know."  He growls.

"Let's not forget the time that you basically stole my virginity from me even when I was beginning to warm up to you."

"Okay."

"And you also locked me in a dungeon because of my father, and gave me away because you wouldn't accept the fact that I was your mate."

"I get it." He hisses.

"Oh! And there was that--"

In seconds he was on top of me, pinning me down to the bed.  His face is bright red with anger and his fangs are abnormally long.  "I get it! I was a terrible man! Can you stop reminding me now!"  He screams in my face.

I can feel my fear growing and I shrink back into the mattress, trying to put as much distance between myself and his large fangs. 

"I'm sorry Stephen."  I whisper.

His eyes widen in fear and he is gone from the room in seconds.

Sebastian:

I am awoken by a knocking at my door and I slowly open my eyes, looking down at my beautiful little slave girl.  I really was too cruel to her last night.  I feel terrible for the behavior I showed her last night.  That's not the kind of man that I am or ever have been.  Being careful not to wake her, I slip off the bed and walk over to the door, opening it a crack.

"What is it Margaret?"

"I'm sorry Sir, to disturb your slumber, but you have a rather strange looking female guest."

"What do you mean?"  Strange looking?  With Margaret that could mean a hooker or someone really strange looking.

"I can't even describe this child; she just is so different and so upset."

"Upset?"

"Yes Sir, she has been bawling, I tried to help but I’m afraid I only made it worse."

"Its fine, I'll be down to take care of the problem."

I close the door behind me and step into my closet, pulling on nice, comfortable, casual clothing.  When I leave my closet, I notice that my slave girl is beginning to wake up.  I walk over to the bed and sit on the edge, pulling her head on to my lap.