Chapter 20

I step back away from this man.  He isn’t my father, my father was murdered by Stephen.  Why is everyone lying to me.  

“What’s wrong, dear?”  The strange man asks.

“I don’t know you.”  

“Your mother didn’t want you to know about me.”  The man has a hint of sadness in his voice.  I stare at the strange man.  “Come sit and you can ask me any questions you have, dear.”

I follow the man to the table and take the seat that he pulls out for me, right next to where he had been sitting when I walked in with Brin.

I’m not quite sure what to do, so I just remain quiet at the table.

“You must have a lot of questions.”

“Why didn’t my mom want me to know you?”

He looks down in sadness.  “Your mother wanted your faerie to be your dominant side and have your witch never awoken.  After several years your witch will die if it has not been summoned.”

“That doesn’t make sense, why wouldn’t she want me to be part witch.”

“Witches have been hated for centuries.  We have been hunted and killed by many species, including humans.  In this time, that’s not the case.  Humans have become fond of witches now actually and we aren’t hunted anymore but at the time of your birth it was too dangerous for your existence to be discovered.”

“Why is it dangerous if people know i’m a witch?”

“That goes into the prophecy dear, You have a strong role in that prophecy and we need it to happen, but there are other species that don’t want it to happen.”

“Like what species?”

“The Vampires are number one and Werewolves are second.”

I sit back in shock.  My own mate wants to kill me because of this prophecy?  “But Stephen is my mate.”

“And he is a vampire that doesn’t want this prophecy to happen.  I couldn’t let you stay there because of the fear that he might murder you.”

I feel tears spring to my eyes and my heart begins to hurt.  “Though I don’t want you to know this but because I love you I must tell you.  Ultimately it is your choice on our prophecy’s outcome and though I hope you make the right decision.  We will follow your choice, even if it isn’t the outcome we prefer.”

Deep down I don’t want to know but I know I must ask.  “What is this prophecy?”  

“The prophecy speaks of a young faerie that has a witch inside her, bringing back Sarah Wildes from the grave.  She was powerful witch that was executed in the Salem Witch Trials.  She is supposed to protect us from the hunters and from our species going extinct.  You are the one that is supposed to bring her back, Keira.”

“I need to talk to Stephen.”

The man stands up and gestures for me to follow him.  I climb off the seat and follow close behind him into a room with a single chair and a large mirror on the wall.  

“Take a seat, and think about him.  Your mind will find him.”

Taking my seat in the chair, he leaves me to be alone and I thank him for the privacy.  I close my eyes and wish myself to Stephen.  Before I open my eyes, I hear his voice and my eyes shoot open to see my beautiful mate sitting on our bed, holding my nightgown and just staring at the article of clothing.  I feel a sharp pain hit my chest at the picture in front of me and I want nothing more than to hug him and make him feel better but I know I can’t and for that I prepare myself to speak.

“Stephen?”

His eyes shoot up to the mirror and he is across the room in a millisecond.

“Keira, you look so different again and so beautiful, like always.  Have they hurt you?  Are you okay?”

“I’m fine Stephen, I miss you though.”

“I miss you too, sweetie.”

“Who is Sarah Wildes, Stephen?”

“They told you about her?  Why?”

He doesn’t know what I am?  Let’s find out what he says then.  “They found the witch to bring her back.”

“You have to kill her Keira, Sarah Wildes is a dangerous witch.”

“What if I was the one who was supposed to bring her back?  Would you kill me if we weren’t mates, Stephen?”

“You don’t understand Keira, This witch wants to destroy the supernatural realm.  Your father thinks she wants to protect all witches, but she would rather see you all burn at the cross.  I’m trying to protect you Keira.”

Sebastian walks into the room, looking for Stephen.  His eyes grow wide when he sees me in the mirror.

“Keira?  Are you okay?  Stephen has been worried sick about you.”

“I know Sebastian, thank you for the heads up.”  

“Tell her about Sarah Wildes, Sebastian.”

“Why would she need to know about that witch?”

“Her father wants her to bring her back from the dead.”

Sebastian’s mouth practically drops to the floor and I notice fear enter his eyes.  “You can’t do that Keira.  You’ll kill us all, including yourself and Stephen.”

There’s a soft knock on the door and I hear feet shuffling on the other side of the door.  My eyes meet Stephen’s and I can tell that he knows I have to leave but he doesn’t want me to.  

“I’m sorry Stephen, I have to go.”

“Please don’t go, Keira.”

“I have to, I love you.”  I get out of the chair and close off my mind when I hear Stephen yelling after me.  His pain enters my heart and I feel a sharp pain, making me fall to the floor.  It feels as if someone has stuck millions of tiny needles in my heart.  I drop to the floor and the person on the other side of the door rushes in to my side.  I hear the man that calls me his daughter, talking to me, asking me if I’m okay.  My eyes shoot back to the mirror but Stephen is no longer there.  

“I need to see him otherwise I will grow weak and die.”

“What do you mean sweetie?”

“Faeries die without their mate.  I need Stephen.”

I notice Brin standing in the doorway.  “She’s right father, I’ve seen it happen before.”

“Send an invitation to her mate but I want eyes on him constantly.  He may say he won’t kill her but I don’t trust him.”

“Thank you Sir.”

“Let’s talk about your mother, dear.”

____________________________________________________________

Next chapter is up guys, I hope you have enjoyed this chapter. A lot will be going on in the next couple chapters and there will be some ups and downs. This chapter was more of a filler chapter to get to filling more information about Keira's true past. Everything will be explained in the next chapter.

Comment, vote, and follow me guys.

You give me the inspiration to continue this story, love you all!!