Prologue: Going To New Orleans!

A/N: Before we start I want to point out that the characters Gregory and Gabriella's mother Gracia went around the world as a vampire, she never killed and never met Lillian until she first got to Mystic Falls.

Stefan's POV
I can't believe this! My brother was planning on taking the cure to be with Elena and he wasn't even going to bother and see what I thought? Oh, but of course he would tell Enzo and Ric. God he is unbelievable. 

I see him walk towards me and all I do is glare angrily at him. He says "okay, I get that you're mad at me-" I cut him off angrily "were you ever going to tell me? Or were you just going to take it and leave?" 

He sighs and says "yes Stefan, I was going to tell you... Eventually." He mumbles when he says eventually. I just stare at him in disappointment. He says, frustrated "you know what Stefan, I don't remember having to run anything by you. The the last time I checked this was my life, not yours." 

I gape at him shocked and hurt. I say "right! Of course, but yet you happened to tell Ric and Enzo instead of me! Your own brother! I think I have a right to know I'm going to be losing my brother, but you know what? Whatever! Do what you want, I couldn't care less." 

I turn around and walk away ignoring him calling me constantly, saying "Stefan, wait!" I ignore him and get on my motorcycle and drive home. When I get inside, I go check on mom and I see she is okay. I then go get ready for bed. 

I hear my phone ring and I look at the screen and I'm shocked to see the name that popped up. It was Klaus. Wow, it's been a long time. I answer it and ask "Klaus?"

Phone Conversation
Klaus- Hello, mate!
Me- Why are you calling me, Klaus?
Klaus- Stefan, I need a favor. I swear it's nothing bad and it doesn't involve you becoming the ripper again and ripping people's heads off. It is very important, too important to say over the phone. Can you please come to New Orleans?
Me- What is this about, Klaus?
Klaus- Stefan please, I'm desperate right now. I have no other options and you're the only one I can trust with something very important like this. Please Stefan!
Me- Okay! Alright! I'm coming now.
Klaus- Thank you, Stefan.
End of Phone Conversation

I can't believe this. Klaus Mikaelson, the big-bad hybrid actually begging for my help. Okay, now I'm definitely going. Not only because I have got to see what's up, but because I need time away from here. Away from Damon. 

I vamp speed and pack a small bag, enough for two days. I'm not staying long, I still have Ric's wedding to attend to. When I'm done, I put my stuff in my car and I go back inside to chat with my mother. 

I walk down to the basement and I ask her "how are you dealing?" And she says "all I want to do is get my family back. Is that so awful?" And I say "Damon and I are your family too, you know." She says "I know, but they are too." 

I give her an apologetic look and she asks "how long are you going to be gone?" I narrow my eyes at her in confusion and she says "I heard everything. It must be a pretty damn important favor in order for the big-bad-original hybrid to be begging on his knees." 

I say "I'll be back soon, I just want you to get better." She looks at me sweetly and says "I would have been better if your little witch friend didn't destroy the Ascendant. You and Damon could have been apart of my family. My new family, even Gabriella and Gregory could have along with their mother. We could have all been together, but your witch friend ruined it." 

I say "mom! Bonnie did it because the rumors about your family, it's a terrifying rumor. She felt like she didn't have a choice." She says, defensively "they are not bad. The Gemini coven are the bad ones." I say "I'm sorry mom, but a psychopath killer is also over there as well and your talking about bad, he's bad." 

She says "maybe, but my family is over there... Shouldn't you be going to New Orleans to help a desperate original hybrid in need of a favor?" I say "yeah, I'll be back soon. If Klaus of all people is actually begging for my help, I have got to see why." 

She says "just be careful, it could be a death trap. He is still an original and he and his family can't be trusted." I say "believe me, I know! Can you let them know I'll be back in time for Ric and Jo's wedding?" 

She says "sure." I say "be careful mom." She says "you be careful too, son." I walk away and go get into my car and drive to New Orleans. This ought to be good.