Chapter 16: Stay

Everyone is at the Mikaelson mansion and the Mystic Falls gang are trying to convince Gabby to stay here with them. Gabby is refusing to. She says "no! Okay, if I'm not there then it's going to look suspicious! I can't put Hope's life at risk like that."

Damon asks "why not? What does the little troll matter anyway?" That struck a cord with Gabby, Stefan, Kol, Lily, Greg, Matt, Jeremy, Kayla, Alexis, Bonnie, Jontae, Savannah, Shontae, Brennon, Caroline, Erin, and Gracie.

Kol went to attack him, but Gabby stopped him. Kol was not going to let Damon or anyone talk about his niece like that. Stefan says "shut up, Damon!" And Elena says "like he's wrong!" Everyone except Tyler and Damon glare at her.

Elena yells frustrated "WHAT? SO KLAUS HAS A FETUS AND THAT MEANS WE LET GO OF ALL THE HORRIBLE STUFF HE'S DONE? NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT!" Damon says "she's right!" And Tyler says "you know what? Damon and Elena are right! We can't let go of all the horrible stuff Klaus has done."

Everyone is just looking at the three of them in disappointment. Elena says "thank you, Tyler! Plus Stefan, what about you? You raised her and took care of her. So what, when all the threats are gone they're just gonna come and take Hope from you? Can't you see they're only using you? Once the threats are gone they'll come and take her from you and you know it. And once they do, every good thing you taught her will be forgotten. She is the child of the man that ruined many lives. Our lives! That killed people close to us for his own selfish gains!"

Gabby says, angry "and what about you Elena? Hm? You've been selfish too." Elena rolls her eyes and asks "really? When?" And Gabby states, angry "how about that time with the cure. You had Jeremy kill Jacque and his entire bloodline so you could get the cure! You knew that if he killed an original his entire bloodline of vampires would die with him. You've been selfish too Elena, so STOP ACTING LIKE YOU'RE SO DAMN INNOCENT BECAUSE YOU ARE FAR FROM IT! YOU ARE MORE LIKE KATHERINE THAN ANYBODY GIVES YOU CREDIT FOR!"

Everyone looks at her shocked by everything she said except Kol, he agrees with her. Elena says "Jacque was out of control and needed to be stopped. Stefan, I am trying to save you from heartbreak. The originals are using you. Once the threats are gone, they will come and take Hope from you and you'll never see her again. It will break you when they do. They are only using you, Stefan."

Stefan looks in deep thought about everything Elena just said because it is true; when the threats are gone they will come and take Hope. Kol and Gabby are glaring at Elena right now.

Elena says to Gabby blinded by anger "and you're just going to let them, Gabby. You've practically already made your choice. You chose them over us and you're even risking your life for them, you're just as bad as them." Everyone including Tyler and Damon got angry hearing her say that. Elena went too far now.

In a matter of seconds, the next thing everyone knew, Elena was pinned against the wall by her throat, but not by Gabby... by Kol. Kol says "let's get something clear here you doppelbitch: you can say whatever you want about me and my family, but Gabby is where you have crossed the line. She has tried to be there for all of us. Unlike you lot we're not making her choose because she cares for all of us equally. So watch your mouth doppelbitch because after what you and your friends did to Jacque, I was going to kill all of you, but Gabby convinced me not to. So, you listen here and listen good: you should be thanking her because if it wasn't for her, I would have killed all of you and ripped your brothers arms off. So back off and be grateful you're still alive right now because if it wasn't for her, you and your pathetic little friends would be dead right now."