Chapter 4: The Beginning Of Our Lives

Stefan's POV
Oh no, what do I say? Oh, I know; they don't know what my car looks like because I'm always on my motorcycle. I'll just tell them I hijacked this one on my way back here in a rush of making it in time for Ric and Jo's wedding. The rattle must have dropped out of the bag when I picked it up out of the car.

Damon interrupts me out of my thoughts "Stefan, why do you have a baby rattle in your car?" Everyone looks at me curiously except Gabby. She looks worried.

I say "I hijacked this car on my way back here in a rush of making it in time for Ric and Jo's wedding. My other car broke down and I didn't see a gas station anywhere, so hijacking was my only option." They nod their heads while Gabby looks relieved.

Damon says "okay. Well, let's go, shall we? The bells are ringing." Everyone including me goes and sits down while Damon and Elena walk down the aisle with Jo and her dad.

After two minutes, everything is starting to begin and during it, I hear Damon whisper to Ric "looks like I'm joining the human club. It's a big night for both of us."

Wow! He's still taking it and he doesn't even want to know how I feel about it. You know what? Whatever. I don't need him. I'll still have Gabby, mom (maybe), momma G, Greg, and as of now Hope. I hope Damon has a happy life with Elena. I don't mind him taking it, I'm just pissed off that he kept it from me.

I whisper over to Greg, Gabby, and momma G "hey, did you guys know Damon was planning on taking the cure with Elena?" They nod their heads and I ask them "how long have you known?" Momma G says "he told us after he told Ric."

I look at them shocked and hurt. He told them, but not me? Erin asks, angry "he didn't tell you?" I shake my head. I say "it's okay, it doesn't matter because after this wedding I'm leaving."

Everyone except Gabby whisper yells "what?!" I nod my head. Shontae asks "why? Is it because of-?" I interrupt her "no Shontae, I'm leaving for me. I just need to leave this place for a while. It's better that way. As soon as this wedding is over, I'm getting the hell out of this town."

I look and see Damon heard me. I whisper to him so he can hear me in vampire hearing because I know I might not see him after this "goodbye." He looks at me apologetically. Pft too late for that.

I see Elena notice and I mouth to her "goodbye." I see her begin to worry and wonder why I'm saying goodbye. She'll know later. Jo is finally at the alter and now it's time for the vows.

Ric says his vows and we smile at it. Then Jo starts to begin and during it we see her struggle. She gasps in pain and we see blood come from her stomach. Kai then appears out of nowhere. Everyone gasps and right now, all that's on my mind is Hope.

I need to get out of here and go to her and get her out of this town. Jo falls to the ground along with Alaric-- who is holding her in his arms. Oh no, she's dead. Kai says "I was going to wait till the "death do us part bit", but it seems a little too much... Am I right?"

Jo's dad goes to attack him, but Kai holds his hands up, giving us a brain aneurysm and making us fall to the ground screaming in pain. Then he makes everything in here explode and everyone falls to the ground including me. Before the darkness takes over, the last word I say is "Hope!"

2 hours later

I'm finally awake and I see everyone gathered around somebody. I go over and see Elena laying down on the ground. I hear her heartbeat, she's not dead. What's wrong with her?

I say "Damon! Take her to the hospital. Hurry!" He vamps speeds out of here with Elena in his arms. I look and see Gabby pulling me away and she says "Stefan! Go get Hope out of here now! She needs you! Go! Protect her! Keep her safe! I'll help everyone here, we'll be fine! GO!" I go without hesitation.

I get into my car and drive off to Miss. Andrews. I get out of my car and I go to the back and get a pair of jeans and a shirt to change out of these bloody clothes.

I go up and knock on the door. She opens the door and widens her eyes and gapes at me shock. I compel her "invite me in." She says "you can come in." I come in and I see Hope sitting on a blanket playing with her toys.

I smile at that, but I don't want her seeing me like this. I go upstairs and get cleaned up and change. When I'm done, I come back down and go into the living room to see Hope.

She sees me and smiles and giggles and I smile back at her. She reaches out for me and I take her into my arms and hold her close to me. I go put her in her car seat.

I buckle her up and close the car door when I'm done. I already compelled Miss. Andrews to forget about seeing me and Hope and that she can now get out of the house whenever she wants to. Also, if anybody asks why she didn't come out to say she was cleaning out her basement because it was a mess.

Now, I'm getting into the driver's seat and buckling up. When I'm done, I drive off. Hmm, where should I go? I'm choosing between Miami and South Carolina. Hmmm, I think I will go to... South Carolina. Yep definitely South Carolina.

I look back to Hope and I see she has fallen fast asleep. I smile at that and look back on the road. I say to Hope "get ready Hope. This is just the beginning of our lives."