Chapter 31: And The War Begins

Stefan asks, angry "what the hell do you mean he's using her?" And Sharon says "I saw her. She was desiccated and surrounded by a magic circle with others." Caroline says "makes sense of why he would use her. Hope is beyond powerful and the others must be too." Liv says "well, now we know. We just need to find something stronger."

Jontae asks "like what?" Klaus steps up and says "like me. I'm a 1,000 year old original-werewolf-vampire-hybrid. I should be enough." Stefan asks "are you sure?" And he says "for my daughter, I sure as hell am." Stefan smiles at him and Sharon says "okay, come on. Let's begin."

____________________

Finn and Mikael just got done with Hayley. Now, they're ready to make the stake. Finn picks up a stake and says "hold this and put it in the bowl." Katherine nods her head and starts chanting again while putting the stake in the bowl.

After a minute, something starts to happen; all the ingredients that were in the bowl were absorbing into the stake. After a few minutes, Katherine sees the stake is ready and stops chanting. She picks the stake up out of the bowl and hesitantly gives it to Finn.

Finn snatches it out of her hand and says "well done." Then he looks to Mikael and says "and the war begins." Mikael smirks at him and Finn smirks back. He turns to Katherine and says "I'll hold up my end of the deal. You can get Nadia back."

Katherine smiles widely and in relief. Finn says to one of his friends "please, go fetch Nadia." They nod their heads and go to get her. Finn says to Mikael "let's go prepare. They don't know what they have coming to them."

____________________

Stefan and Caroline lay Klaus down. They're going to use him as the power anchor and break Finn's power. Caroline smiles at Klaus and kisses his cheek. She then gets out of the way so Davina and Sharon can do the spell to break Finn's power hold.

They grab one another's hand and start chanting. After a while, their chant becomes louder. After thirty seconds, they break apart and they inhale and exhale deeply. Stefan goes to Sharon and asks "what's wrong?" And she says "it's not strong enough. We need more power than this."

Stefan sighs and says "damn it!" He walks to the table and pounds his fist on it. Everyone looks towards him and Damon goes to him and puts his hand on his shoulder, calming him down a little.

Kai looks at Stefan sadly and he thinks for a minute. He walks back over to Davina and Sharon and he asks "what about a vampire-witch-heretic and a 1,000 year old original hybrid? Would that be enough?"

Everyone turns towards him and exclaim "what?!" Sharon and Davina nod their heads and Davina says "yeah, that'll be more than enough." Bonnie walks over to Kai worried and says "no, Kai-"

Kai holds Bonnie's hand and interrupts her "I will do this... for Hope." She smiles at him and he smiles back. Stefan smiles at him gratefully and says "thank you!" And Kai says "you're welcome!" He walks over to the two witches and says "use me."

____________________

Finn is looking at the stake admiring it and Katherine is just lost in thought. She gets interrupted when she sees one of the witches bring in Nadia. Nadia looks weak because she was clearly injected with vervain. She can barely walk and she's perspiring profusely.

Katherine gets up and runs to Nadia and hugs her. Nadia hugs her back and she asks "mom?" And Katherine answers "yeah, it's me and we're leaving." She pulls away from the hug and Nadia says "thank you!"

Katherine smiles at her daughter and says "of course!" Nadia smiles at her too. Mikael interrupts them "as touching as this mother-daughter moment is, we have work to do. You both may leave."

Katherine wraps her daughter's arm around her shoulder to help her stand and leaves. Finn is still staring at the stake. Mikael walks up to his eldest son and asks "are you ready?" Finn says "yes I am. They'll all finally get what they deserve."

Mikael says pointing at Gabby, Marcel, and Hayley "what about them?" Finn looks at them and says "we can kill Hayley later. For now, just leave them here. Gabby and Marcel will die when my siblings do."

____________________

Sharon and Davina are preparing for the spell and while doing so, they see Jackson and a whole bunch of other people with him. Elijah says "Jackson, you're here." He says "yeah, I brought a few friends with me. This is Roberto, Joe, Ashley, Sarianna, Michael, Cameron, and Jordan." They say "hi."

Erin locks eyes with Roberto. Savannah also locks eyes with Cameron. Kayla locks eyes with Jordan. Stefan notices the love tension between them and smiles and goes back to check on Sharon and Davina.

He asks them "are you ready? Are you sure Kai and Klaus are enough?" They say "we're sure." They hold one another's hand and start chanting loudly.

____________________

Finn is about to walk out with Mikael, but he falls to the ground screaming in pain. Mikael runs to Finn and asks "Finn? What's happening?" And he says "someone's breaking my power anchor."

Mikael exclaims in anger "those rotten fools! You stay and regain your strength. I'll go and handle them and while I'm at it I'm going to take these three with me." Mikael grabs all three of them with the help of some of the witches.

He vamp speeds out while Finn starts screaming in pain more and his nose starts to bleed. He growls and screams "YOU WILL ALL PAY!"

____________________

Sharon and Davina stop chanting and Davina says with haste "it's done! Bonnie do the locator spell to find Hope, NOW!" Bonnie runs to the table and she starts the locator spell while Caroline and Jo wake up Klaus and Kai.

Stefan goes to Bonnie and watches her do the locator spell along with the others. After a few seconds, Bonnie stops and she says "she's five miles from here. There's an abandoned house. She and the others will be there."

Stefan says "great, let's go!" They run into the Courtyard and run to the door, only to be stopped by seeing the gate open. Katherine and Nadia run in. Katherine says "the spell's done. They made the weapon-" she gets interrupted by the sound of Nadia choking.

Katherine and the others turn to see Mikael holding Nadia by her throat and Katherine says running towards them "NO!" But Elijah holds her back. Mikael says "you broke our deal and now we break yours."

Katherine screams "NO, I DID WHAT YOU ASKED! I MADE THE WEAPON!" Mikael yells "you also betrayed us! Say goodbye to your daughter, cause her death is what will be your punishment."

Katherine starts crying and Elijah looks at her with sympathy. Elijah exclaims in anger "MIKAEL! This is between us, leave them out of it!" Mikael chuckles darkly.

He says "you know what? You're right. It won't matter because once all of you are dead, she will be too. I don't know which one of your sireline she's from, but I do know that once I drive this stake through your heart, she'll be dead and so WILL ALL OF YOU!"

Everyone looks at him nervous and frightened. He drops Nadia to the floor and pulls out the weapon. Everyone looks at each other afraid and then they look back to Mikael who is smirking dark and murderously.