Chapter 1: Taking Hope

Stefan's POV
I just got to New Orleans and I drive to this old hotel I used to stay at. I park then go inside and sign in and compel me a suite for two days. After I get comfortable and unpack, I get into my car and go hunt Klaus down and see what the hell it is he wants. While I am, I get seven texts from Damon. I roll my eyes at that and I read them.

Text Messages from Damon
Damon- Mom just told me everything.
Damon- What's going on?
Damon- What does Klaus want with you?
Damon- I think you made a mistake going.
Damon- Get out of there it could be a trap.
Damon- When do you ever know Klaus to beg?
Damon- Stefan, I didn't mean what I said!

I roll my eyes at that last message and ignore them. I let out a long frustrated sigh when I hear my phone ring four times. This time these text messages are from Elena. Oh great! Can't wait to see this! I think to myself sarcastically.

Text Messages from Elena
Elena- Stefan, get out of there. Klaus can't be trusted, he's probably luring you into a death trap.
Elena- Stefan, please I'm worried. Answer back or get the hell out of there.
Elena- Okay, I get it. You're mad and hurt, but can you at least just text me letting me know your alright.
Elena- Everyone is worried about you.

I let out an annoyed sigh and text back

Me to Elena- I'm fine Elena, I'm very wary of why he wants to meet me. I'm being careful. Stop worrying.

I am for right now turning off my phone. After I turn off my phone, I go find Klaus. I ask a lot of people around here and they say they know him, they just don't know where he lives. Sigh, I need a drink. 

I walk into a bar and I ask a bartender named Camille for a drink. I ask "Camille, can I please get a shot of bourbon, please?" She says "of course, if you call me Cami. Camille sounds like a grandma's name." 

I say "okay Cami, just so you know, I find your name unique." She smiles at me and says "thank you, um?..." I say "Stefan, Stefan Salvatore." I see her eyes is filled with realization and relief. 

I narrow my eyes at her in confusion. She runs to get my bourbon shot and gives it to me. I say, confused "thank you?!" She says "you're welcome, on the house. I've been expecting you." 

I look at her confused and wary and she says "well, not me, but the Mikaelson's. Here, come with me." I look at her confused and I down my shot of bourbon. I see her throw her apron in the back and she yells "I'm going on break! Come with me." She says that last part talking to me. 

I follow her outside and I get inside her car and we drive to I guess the Mikaelson's home. To make conversation, I ask "how do you know the Mikaelson's?" 

She smiles at me and says "it's a long story. Maybe when all this crap is over, I can explain it, but right now we're in a hurry and we need your help." I ask confused and curious "with what? What's going on?" 

Cami says "Klaus will explain everything. All I can say is right now, you're our only option. Whether you trust Klaus or not he is trusting you with something very big." I look at her shocked. 

Whoa! This must be big. I can't believe Klaus is actually trusting me with something big. Wow! I see her pull up to some big house that I know for a fact is Klaus'. 

She says to me "you have to vamp speed inside. We can't risk anyone seeing you. You're all we have, we can't risk anyone here finding out about you." I do as she says and vamp speed inside without anyone seeing me... Hopefully. 

I wait for her to come inside. Seconds later, she runs inside and she screams "Klaus! He's here! We have to make this quick." I say while backing away from her, confused and wary "whoa! Whoa! What's going on?"