Chapter 20: New Teacher

Stefan's POV
I yell up to Hope "Hope! Come on sweetie, you should be ready by now. It's time to go to school!" Hope yells back "I'm coming Daddy S! Give me a minute." I laugh and walk to the table and grab my car keys.

Hope comes down and sings "I'm ready!" I smile and say "come on, kiddo." She smiles back and runs to the car and I open the door using my car keys before she could use her magic.

Hope gets in and buckles her seatbelt. I get in the driver's seat and I drive to her school and take her inside. When I see her with her teacher, I go back to my car and drive to the Boarding House where everyone is.

Third Person
Hope is working with her friends and laughing with them too. Mrs. Johnson says "class! Stop working for a minute and listen to me." Everyone does what she says. She continues "okay! Well, I want to introduce you guys to a out of town therapist who is going to be working with us for a while. Everyone, meet, Vincent Griffith."

He walks towards the children and says "hello children! I'm very excited about working with all of you." The children say "hello!" And Vincent asks "may I please know all your names?" They nod their heads and introduce themselves.

Hope's table was last. One of her friends say "hi, I'm Monica Jenson." One of her twin friends say "I'm Alston Thomas, and this is my twin, Aiden." Aiden waves at Mr. Griffith and another one of her friends say "I'm Malcolm Lyon." The last one says "and I'm Drake Carlson."

Hope speaks up, being the last one "hi, I'm Hope Salvatore." Vincent looks at Hope very intrigued. Hope notices and gets a little uncomfortable. The teacher says "okay! Now we all know each other. Kids? You may go back to working. When everyone is done, we'll go outside." The kids exclaim "yay!" Then they go back to working.

After thirty minutes, everyone is done and the teacher takes them outside. Hope and her friends go to the swings and take turns getting on. They're laughing and giggling. Vincent is watching Hope from afar. He's watching her every move.

Hope notices from the corner of her eye and immediately gets uncomfortable and a little scared. She is now wanting her dad there with her. After recess is over, everyone goes back inside and listens to their teacher read them a story.

Even then, Hope can still feel Mr. Griffith's eyes on her and she is now officially creeped out. Vincent doesn't know that she catches him staring. It's three o'clock now and it's time to go home.

Hope's friends parents already came and got them, so now it's just her and she's waiting for her dad. She's wishing he'd hurry up, so she can tell him about Mr. Griffith. Speaking of the devil, he walks over to Hope and she starts to freak out on the inside, trying not to show how scared she is.

When he's near her, he says "hello. Hope right?" She hesitantly nods her head. Mr. Griffith holds out his hand for her to shake and she hesitantly shakes it. He says "nice to meet you." She smiles and says "same." He sits next to her.

Vincent says "you know that book Mrs. Johnson was reading about magic, I believe in it. There are so many wonders in this world and I believe magic is one of them. What do you think?" Hope looks at him intrigued in what he's talking about, but knows she has to keep cover about who she is.

So, she says "I'm not sure." He smiles at her and says "well, maybe one day you'll be able to see for yourself if it is or not." Hope smiles at him and says "thank you!" And he says "you're welcome! I can already see you're a special girl Hope, don't lose that."

She says "I won't!" And he says "good! I must be going. It was nice talking to you." Hope says "same to you." Vincent waves goodbye and so does Hope and he leaves. When he does, Stefan walks in.