Chapter 32: Family Is Power, Love Is Strength

Everyone stood there, frightened. Mikael was holding the stake that can end the entire vampire race for good. Mikael makes the first move and attacks Kol and sends him flying. He falls through a wooden table, but he gets back up easily.

He goes to attack Mikael along with Rebekah and Elijah. Rebekah holds Mikael back by his neck, while Elijah punches him in the stomach and kicks him hard in the legs that it breaks and Mikael screams in pain.

Rebekah throws him to the ground and kicks him in the face then turns to Ashley signaling her to pass her the white oak stake. Ashley is about to go and grab it, but stops when Mikael gets back up and chokes Rebekah.

Mikael throws Rebekah back and she falls through the glass table. Kol vamp speeds to Mikael and punches him in the face and stomach and then kicks him in the stomach which causes him to fall to the floor.

Kol is about to take another go at him, but Mikael vamp speeds away confusing everyone. He comes back with Gabby shocking everyone. Gabby is trying to get out of his hold, but stops when he holds up the stake and aims it at her heart.

Everyone starts to worry and becomes angry and glares at him while he smirks. They see two witches come in with Marcel and Hayley who are tied up in vervain ropes. Rebekah and Elijah look at them worried and they look back at them.

Jackson is about to go help Hayley, but is held back by Joe. Joe says "not now." Mikael says "before I do end your life, you're going to watch me take away the people you love." Kol, Elijah, and Rebekah look at Gabby, Hayley, and Marcel apologetically.

Damon yells, angry "THIS IS BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN! MY SISTER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!" Mikael says "oh, but she does... This is what happens when you love someone. They make you weak. I remember how you were always saying that Kol. "Love is a vampires greatest weakness." I even once heard you say it yourself that you would never love and now here we are all these years later and you've fallen in love. Big mistake."

Kol glares at him angrily and screams while showing his vampire face "LET! HER! GO!" Mikael says "ahh, there's my boy. The Kol I knew, that didn't care about anything or anyone."

Kol is still glaring at him and Mikael continues "of course I would expect Elijah and Rebekah to fall in love, but you? I expected more from you. This right here is what you changed for?! She's nothing but a beast! A monster! A murderer!"

That struck a cord with everyone, especially Kol, Stefan, Greg, Gracie, Lily, and Damon. Mikael continues "just like Niklaus." Kol shows his vampire face again and runs at him, full on vampire speed. He pushes him to the ground causing Gabby to fall to the floor.

Damon runs to her side and helps her up and pulls her away from the fight. When Gabby focuses her vision again, she sees Kol fighting with Mikael and immediately starts to worry.

She tries to run and help him, but Damon has her glued to him, she can barely move. Nadia starts to wake up and feels on her head and sees blood. She looks around for Katherine and she spots her and vamp speeds to her.

Katherine hugs her and Nadia hugs her back. Elijah notices and smiles at them. His smile falls when he sees Mikael about to stab Kol. He and Rebekah vamp speed to him and pushes him on the ground, knocking the weapon out of his hand.

Elijah yells "ASHLEY, THE STAKE!" Ashley grabs the stake and throws it to Elijah which he easily catches and Mikael looks up frightened. Elijah asks "did you really think we would destroy this? The only thing that can make us rid of you for good?"

He tries to get up, but Rebekah has him held down and Kol comes and helps hold him down along with Stefan, Brennon, Jontae, and Greg. Elijah says "one thing you should know father: just like family is power, love is what makes you strong. And you have neither love or family."