Chapter 3: Back To Mystic Falls

A Day Later

Stefan's POV
Okay, time to head back to Mystic Falls. Yay! I think to myself sarcastically. Yesterday was a great day. I spent all day with Hope. I took her for a little stroll through the park. I pushed her lightly back and forth on the swing.

After the park, I went to grab a bite with Hope at this cool restaurant called Bistreaux. Afterwards, I took her to a magic show and she clapped and giggled a lot through it. This little girl is something special. I will not let anyone hurt her. Nobody will hurt her as long as she is in my care.

I just packed the last of my clothing, now I'm putting all my bags inside the car. After that, I put Hope in her car seat and go to the driver's seat. When I'm buckled, I drive off. I see a red light, so I stop.

I hear my phone go off and it's Caroline calling me. I decide to answer it and see how she was holding up. Plus, if she asks what Klaus wanted I have a cover story. I haven't heard from her since the day she turned her emotions back on.

Phone Conversation
Me- Caroline?
Caroline- Oh my God, Stefan, do you have any idea how worried we've all been? Damon was about to come down there. What happened?
Me- Klaus needed my help with something.
Caroline- With what?
Me- He wanted to know what I knew about a witch I knew back in the day. Apparently she is conspiring against him and he wants to know all he can about her.
Caroline- Well, you knew the girl. Are you okay with him trying to get rid of her? Maybe she has a good reason for conspiring against him.
Me- Yeah, I'm okay. She isn't a real picnic, so I'm fine.
Caroline- Okay! Well, how are you holding up with Damon wanting to take the cure with Elena?
Me- Damon is a grown man. He can make whatever decisions he wants. He made it clear he doesn't need my opinion on anything. So, why bother?
Caroline- I'm sorry.
Me- Don't be! How are you holding up?
Caroline- I'm getting there. I feel so horrible for what I've done.
Me- You weren't yourself. It'll get better.
Caroline- Are you coming back now?
Me- Yep, on my way now.

Hope starts fussing and I turn around to her. I rock her car seat a little while saying lowly so Caroline can't hear me "shhh."

Caroline- Stefan, what was that?
Me- Oh nothing. Caroline the light just turned green, I'll call you back when I'm in Mystic Falls, bye!
End of Phone Conversation

I start driving again and I look through the mirror to check on Hope and I see she is starting to fall asleep. Understandable. We did wake up really early, like around 5:00 am. Today is Jo and Ric's wedding, got to get there in time.

I sigh, then 4 hours later, I hear my phone ring again and I see it's a message from Damon. Ugh, what now? I wait for another red light and when there finally is one, I check out the message.

Message from Damon
Damon- What witch did he want to know about?

I let out a long aggravated sigh and text back.

Me to Damon- A witch I knew a while back, you don't know her.

I see the light turn green, so I turn my phone off and put it down. No more questions. I see the Welcome to Mystic Falls sign and go past it. After this wedding, I'm taking Hope and getting the hell out of here.