Chapter 22: Finn's Back!

Stefan's POV
Shontae keeps saying "Stefan, please calm down. Get your foot off the gas. You're going too fast." I'm driving to Hope's school and picking her up. I knew something was off about this Vincent guy! Why didn't I follow my instincts. Damn it, if anything happens to her, I'll kill him.

Damon says "Stefan, she's right. Please slow down a little: we will get her, okay." I don't listen to him. I keep driving in full speed."

Bry says "yes Stefan, Damon's right! Slow down." I ignore her and I see Hope's school nearby and I make a sharp turn into the parking lot and everyone screams "STEFAN EASY!" I park and I vamp speed out of the car and run inside.

I go to the office and compel the woman at the front desk "I'm coming to take my daughter home early. She won't be at school for a while. A family relative just died and she's going to be with family, understand?" She nods her head and I go and get Hope.

I walk into her classroom and look for her. I go to Mrs. Johnson and ask "where's Hope? I'm coming to take her home early. The front desk knows all about it." Mrs. Johnson says "oh I know! They called me and Mr. Griffith was just on his way out to leave. Today's his last day and he volunteered to take Hope to you."

I begin to worry and I ask "where did they go? When?" And Mrs. Johnson says "just a minute ago. They went to the main office." I run out of there and to the main office to see them not there.

The woman at the desk says "oh, hello. Are you looking for your daughter? She just left out with Mr. Griffith to meet you." I go outside and I see Hope walking with Vincent and she asks "are you taking me to my dad?" And he says "actually, I'm going to take you somewhere."

Hope says, warily "no thank you! I'm just going to go find him." Vincent grabs her arm roughly and she screams. He says "you're not going anywhere." I vamp speed to him and push him away from Hope. I pick her up and hug her tightly and she asks crying "dad?" And I say "yes sweetie, it's me. Come on."

I vamp speed to my car and put her in the back with the others and I drive off. She asks, frightened "Daddy S, who was that?" And I say "I'll explain everything once we get to New Orleans." She looks at me shocked and asks "New Orleans? Where my parents are?" And I say "yes sweetie." She sits back and stays silent the rest of the ride.

I stop my car when I see Vincent or should I say Finn in front of my car. Shontae says "keep going Stefan! Knock him down!" And Bry says "don't! He'll just body jump and we won't know who."

Damon says "turn around and take the other way." I'm about to take his idea when Finn uses his magic and flips our car upside down, making us flip over a lot of times and crash.

When the car stops flipping, everyone is coughing and the first thing that comes to my mind is Hope. I look back and see Hope crying and bleeding. I break out of my seatbelt and go to her and break her seatbelt. I pull her to me and I hold her close to me.

I ask everyone "is everyone alright?" And they say "yes!" They break their seatbelts too and we break the car doors and get out. When I'm standing with Hope still in my arms, I search for Vincen- Finn.

I look around and see him nowhere in sight along with the others. I say "come on! Let's get back before he comes out of wherever he is." We are about to walk away when Shontae and Damon's necks end up snapped.

No one was around. No one touched them, which means it was Finn. He's somewhere watching us. He used his magic to snap their necks. I say "grab them and let's vamp speed out of here, NOW!" I grab Damon and Bry grabs Shontae.

We vamp speed off when suddenly we can't run anymore. I feel such an agonizing pain in my head and Bry obviously feels the same. I hear Hope say "Dad! Dad, What's wrong? Daddy?"

I put her down and drop to the floor on my knees screaming in pain along with Bry. I say "Hope run! Run! Run now!" Hope shakes her head and says while crying "no! I'm not leaving you."

I say "Hope, don't argue with me right now! GO! Go to the Salvatore Boarding House, NOW! GO!" She cries harder and hugs me and then runs off. I hold my head screaming louder than before along with Bry.

Then the next thing I knew, I saw Bry move her head to the right and I heard a snap and she falls to the ground. I feel something forcing me to move my head and I look up and see Vincent or Finn or whatever the hell he calls himself, in front of me.

I already know he is going to snap my neck too. He moves his hand to the right and I forcefully move my head to the right and the last thing I heard before I let the darkness consume me was Finn calling "Hope?"

Third Person
Hope is running and running to the Salvatore Boarding House like her dad said to. She is almost there, just two minutes away. She sees it nearby and runs to the left and runs faster. She's finally there and goes inside.

She screams out of breath "GRAMMY G! GRAMMY LILY! UNCLE G!" They run into her view and they run to her. She runs to them crying and out of breath. Lily picks her up and hugs her tight.

Gracia asks "where's your dad and the others?" And she says crying more "Vincent got to them! Please, someone needs to go back for them." Greg says "I'll go! Take her to the others. They're at the private jet, GO!" Then he leaves to go find his brother and friends.

Lily says trying to calm her granddaughter down "it's okay sweetie, your uncle Greg is going to get them back, but right now we need to go and meet the others at the private jet. Your dad and the others will meet us there come on." Lily vamp speeds her to where the others are along with Gracie.

____________________

Stefan opens his eyes and gasps for air and sits up. He looks around him and sees Greg, Damon, Shontae, and Bry around him. The first thing that comes to Stefan's mind is Hope.

He asks, hysterical "where's Hope?! Where is she?!" And Greg says "it's okay! She's with our moms and the others at the private jet." He sighs of relief. Bry says "let's just hurry up and go before Finn tries any other of his magic tricks."

Damon says "yep. But it looks like we're going to be using our vampire speed as our ride. This one's jacked up. Come on." They vampire speed to the location of the private jet.

There's like three of them and they're huge. Hope sees her dad and she cries tears of joy and runs over to him and hugs him and he hugs her back tightly and asks "are you okay, sweetie?" She nods her head and he says "good!"

Jo says "okay you guys, come on!" And Liv says "yeah, before Vincent finds us." Erin says "or whatever the hell he wants to call himself." They get on and Hope and Stefan get on too. Hope is still in Stefan's arms.

Stefan sits Hope next to him. It's him, Hope, Damon, Elena, Greg, Lily, Gracie, Erin, Savannah, and Caroline on his plane and the rest are on the other jets. When everyone is buckled and ready, the plane takes off and Hope rests her head on Stefan's chest.

Hope closes her eyes, hoping to fall asleep and forget all that's happened. While she's resting, Stefan's caressing her hair and kisses her head. While doing so, he's looking out the window, watching the sun go down and waiting for them to land in New Orleans.