Chapter 13: School Time

2 Weeks Later

Stefan's POV
It's time for Hope to begin school tomorrow and I'm nervous as hell right now. What if she doesn't fit in? What if she uses magic without realizing it? What if the other kids tease her? What if she doesn't make any friends because she's different? 

Bonnie has been teaching her magic these past two weeks, but I'm still worried. Plus, I'll miss having my little girl around in the morning bugging me for banana-chocolate chip pancakes and at twelve bugging me for chicken nuggets

I get interrupted out of my thoughts by hearing the door swing open. I see Caroline walk in very happy. She says, excitedly "look what I bought for Hope; an Olaf book bag!" I laugh and smile at her excitement. 

She asks "where is she?" I call up for Hope and say "Hope, come down sweetie. Auntie C has a present for you." The minute she heard the word present, she ran down here. 

Hope comes into view and smiles widely, saying "hey, auntie C! What did you get me?" And Caroline says "see for yourself." She brings the book bag into view and Hope gasps excitedly and exclaims "Olaf!" She hugs the book bag and I smile at that. 

Hope runs and hugs Caroline. I state sternly "Hope? What do you say to Caroline?" Hope says "oh right! Thank you, auntie Care-bear." Caroline says "you're welcome! I also got you a little something else; it's in the backpack." 

Hope looks inside and gasps excitedly and pulls out a Lion King coloring book. Hope says, excited "The Lion King coloring book!" Caroline says "just so you can have a coloring book to yourself." 

Hope squeals and gives Caroline another hug and pulls away and says while jumping up and down excitedly "Thank You! Thank You! Thank You, again, Auntie Care-bear!" She smiles and says "you're welcome, Hope." 

Hope smiles and I say "Hope, it's eight o'clock; time for bed." She frowns and asks "since when is my bedtime eight o'clock?" And I say "since it's a school night." She frowns even more and says "but Daddy S, I don't want to." 

I say "sorry Hope! That's how school works. Now go on and get ready for bed." She pouts and crosses her arms, not moving from the spot she's in. I frown and demand firmly "Hope now!" 

She challenges me. She's so much like Klaus; she loves to be alpha. But she needs to understand that I'm the one in charge right now. I fold my arms and give her a stern look. 

Her pout falls to a sad frown and she looks down and whimpers a little "okay. I'm sorry Daddy." I sigh and say "just go on and get ready for bed, little one." Hope nods her head and goes upstairs to get ready and I sigh in exhaustion. 

When I turn around, I see Caroline, mom, and momma G standing there smiling. I forgot Caroline was still here, but mom and momma G always come over and play with Hope and spend time with her. 

Hope calls mom, Grammy Lily and momma G, Grammy G. She has nicknames for EVERYONE except Damon, Tyler, and Elena-- of course. She senses they don't like her and after Damon's performance two weeks ago, she knows he doesn't like her. I'm still angry with him about that. 

Mom says "wow! She's a real handful sometimes." I sigh and say "yep, she sure is. She is a little like Klaus. Most of the time it's in a good way." I walk into the dining room and pull out a chair and sit down. They come join me. 

Caroline states "she sure is special." I smile and say "yeah, she is." My smile falls thinking about the day Klaus and Hayley will come to get Hope and take her away from me. 

Momma G asks "what's wrong?" I sigh sadly and say "just thinking about the day Klaus and Hayley will come and take Hope back." They frown a little too thinking about that. I just say "well, there will be nothing I can really do. They are her parents."