Chapter 26: Memories

Stefan was with everyone, still trying to figure out a way to weaken Finn. If they break his power, they will have enough time to do a quick locator spell on Hope and get her and Nadia back.

Stefan asks "anything yet?" And Davina says "almost. Hopefully all this is enough to break Finn's power." Stefan nods his head agreeing. He goes into the other room and sits on the couch and sighs.

He pulls out his wallet and takes out a picture of him and Hope in Miami. It was when she was four before they went to Mystic Falls. They were at Dave and Busters for Christmas, playing games and just having fun.

Flashback
Hope says "Daddy S? Look what I won!" She shows him a pink and purple panda bear. He smiles at her and says "oh, what a colorful and beautiful panda."

Hope squeals "I know right. It's why I chose it." He smiles more and says "Merry Christmas, baby girl. I love you more than anything." She runs into his arms and hugs him and says "Merry Christmas, Daddy S. I love you more than anything, too."

Stefan pulls away and asks "okay, how about a picture with you, me, and..?" Pretty much asking for the panda's name. Hope smiles and says "Mr. Snuggles." Stefan smiles, chuckles, and continues "and Mr. Snuggles."

Hope squeals "yay! Mr. Snuggles first picture!" Stefan laughs and says "come here you two." She walks over to Stefan and he bends down so he's at her height.

He wraps his arm around Hope and pulls her close to him. Hope holds onto Mr. Snuggles tightly, as Stefan says "smile!" They both do and he takes the picture.
End of Flashback

Stefan smiles to himself and strokes the picture, while smiling at the memory. He hears a voice behind him ask "when was that?" He turns around and sees Hayley admiring the picture.

Stefan smiles at her and says "um, last Christmas. I took her to Dave and Busters. It was a little thing we always did. We would go out together and have fun and when we got home, we would give each other our presents to one another." He gets emotional while explaining it.

Hayley comes and sits next to him and says "it sounds fun and amazing. I wish I could've been there." Stefan says "I know, but if we succeed in this and get rid of Mikael and Finn once and for all, you'll have a chance to." She smiles at him and he smiles back.

Stefan sighs and says, incredulous "this is all insane. Finn, is insane." Hayley sighs herself and agrees "I know. Finn is one crazy and vengeful son of a bitch... literally. I've met Esther and you've seen Mikael." Stefan chuckles at that comment and Hayley joins him in the laughter.

Just then, Gracie walks in and asks "Hayley? Can I talk to Stefan for a moment?" Hayley nods her head and says "of course." She gets up and leaves the two alone. Gracia sits down next to Stefan and says "I know you're upset, but have faith. We'll get her back, I know it."

Stefan looks towards his 2nd mom and smiles at her. Gracie says "I have something to show you." She goes into her bag and pulls out a picture and gives it to Stefan. He takes it and looks at it.

He sees a picture of him, Damon, Greg, and Gabby. He was one and almost two and Gabby had just been born. Stefan was holding her and Damon and Greg were behind him smiling at her.

Stefan smiles at it and asks "you've had it this entire time?" And Gracie says "of course." He smiles more and Gracia says "I have plenty more. They're all upstairs. I just didn't want to show you yet." Stefan asks, sadly "how come you left us? Why didn't you come back for us?" Gracie frowns and looks down guilty.