Chapter 15: Birthday Family Reunion Part 2

Everyone has given Hope their presents to her and she loved every single one of them. Klaus just pulled up to the address Stefan gave him. Now him, Gabby, Hayley, and Kol are getting out of the car.

Kol says "oh, I can't wait to see my niece. I bet she's just as good looking as her Uncle Kol." The three hybrids just roll their eyes at his comment and walk towards the entrance.

First, Hayley and Klaus enter and when they do all eyes are on them. Most likely glares except from Lily, Gracie, Greg, Stefan, Caroline, and Hope. Hayley and Klaus' eyes land on Hope who is in Stefan's arms.

Stefan instinctively holds onto her tighter and looks at the two hybrid parents. Him and Klaus look at one another and Stefan signals for him and Hayley to come over.

They do and while doing so, Klaus finds Caroline and looks at her with lust and she does too, but tries to hide it from the others. He looks from Caroline back to Hope.

Kol and Gabby walk in and everyone looks towards them-- well, mostly at Gabby. She looks back to them and smiles, then walks over to Klaus and Hayley along with Kol.

Kol goes to Klaus' side and Gabby stands in between Hayley and Klaus to try and comfort both, if needed. Hope asks "Daddy S? Who are these guys?" Klaus felt a stab in his heart hearing his daughter refer to someone else as her father.

Gabby notices and puts her hand on his shoulder. Klaus looks towards her and smiles and she smiles back. They stop when they hear Kol let out a low growl and Klaus just smirks and looks back to his daughter.

Damon, Caroline, and Stefan wasn't so happy about it either. Stefan says pointing at Hayley and Klaus "this is your mother and father." Her eyes light up and Stefan continues "and this is your brave Godmother and strong uncle." She becomes even more happy because she remembers them from Stefan's stories.

She holds her arms out for one of them to take her. Hayley takes her daughter into her arms without hesitation. She hugs her daughter tight and Klaus looks at the two not knowing what to do.

Gabby says "go on Klaus; be next to your daughter." She touches his arm and signals for him to go and he does as Gabby lets go of his arm. He goes next to his daughter and the mother of his child and kisses Hope's forehead.

Gabby goes next to Kol-- who is watching the scene as well, while smiling at them. This is the first time in a thousand years Kol has ever seen his older brother show any human emotions and he smiles at that thought.

Gabby holds onto Kol's arm and rests her head on his shoulder, still enjoying this scene before them. Kol looks at her and smiles; he puts his hand on hers and she looks up at him and smiles more.

They get lost into each other's eyes, but are rudely interrupted by the sound of someone clearing their throat. They see everyone except Klaus, Hayley, and Hope look at them with confusion while Stefan and Damon are glaring at Kol.

They don't like the way they're looking at one another. Kol and Gabby pull away from one another and go back to the family. They each give Hope a hug and she hugs them back.

After an hour of sitting with Hope, eating cake, and getting to know her they all already love the little girl and know so much about her. Everyone else is looking at Klaus in a different light. He's so... different from before. He's human.

Gabby signals for Stefan to go outside with her for a moment and he nods his head and goes with her. Damon is about to follow when Kol stops him and says "let them talk alone." Damon growls at him and goes back to Elena, leaving a smirking Kol alone. Kol looks back to the happy family and smiles.